iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TWISTER

Started by james, July 22, 2012, 10:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

james

no serious damage to my place, blew the tarp shed 100 ft , tipped the outhouse over and blew it 20 ft , destroyed a small shed and dropped 3 trees on the roof of a small cabin -no damage to roof I'm off grid so the power loss dosn't effect me but the majority of the county will be without power for 2 or more weeks flattened acres of trees, spent most of fri night cutting out the roads and a couple of neighbors just got internet and phone back today apparently a cyclonic system with lots of micro-bursts- this is the town of Republic, WA.  , Ferry County  :o :o
James

fishpharmer

Glad to hear your okay my friend.  Have there been twisters in that area previously?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

redbeard

Wow that is rare to get a twister in that area. Glad your OK. We have been having some heavy thunderstorms and lightning on the west side last couple of weeks been a odd summer so far.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

james

Offically "we don't get twisters here" second major t-storm in 1 week last one dumped about 3 inches of rain/hail in less than an hour
james

thecfarm

That is too bad. That is also alot of rain that quick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

I'm glad you didn't have major damage, James, and glad to hear something from you.  I've been wondering how you are doing.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!