iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whinners, Beware!

Started by Greg@lhoti.com, February 13, 2004, 05:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg@lhoti.com

;D
In the log home world/biz, its easy to get discouraged and start carping about how tough it all is...designing, building, figuring out people and things.  When I get that way I just go look at this guy in Nepal and think it could be a heck of a lot worse.....
Here's a REAL timberframer: http://www.lhoti.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27&highlight=Nepal
Greg Steckler

Stephen_Wiley

Greg,

Hi and welcome to the Forum !

Well I probably would try something like that again..........but with much prodding.  :D

When I was 15, I cut and carried Lodgepole Pine logs for the Northwests largest tepee.  I was in Meacham (has been recorded as one of the coldest spots in Oregon) a ghost town , left over from the pioneer days.

The Oregon trail crosses through it and the spot where I stayed at one time held the largest meeting of  native peoples (Nez Pearce, Umatilla, etc.).

My wife and I get into your neck of the woods on occasion, generally wait until the mountain passes are little safer to travel tho.

If you have not done so, take a look at Oregon Sawyers pics of his log home nearing completion.
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

raycon

Nice...you'd be surprised how light a well seasoned softwood timber can be.  

Lot of stuff..

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, Greg.  8) It is always good to get another Oregonian onto the Forum.  ;D  Hey, are you coming to the Logging Conference?   Let us know.  I will be there along with a number of other members theoughout the 3 days.  Look me up, I will be Demoing a MD Mill.  :) Good to have you here.

If you ever get to the Valley stop by in Dallas and visit the digs.
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!