iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Milling Superhero!!!!!!!!(well....sort of)

Started by Greg Brown, June 30, 2012, 08:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Brown

Hello Everyone,

I am cutting some very nice loblolly pines for my new mancave project,...er..workshop expansion.
I started cutting a large (for me) log about 25 inches diameter.  I was really tired of the heat,
hauling logs, stacking, stickering ect. I went to turn the cant for the final squaring cut and I'd
about had it. I was too wore out.  I really needed someone to offer some assistance, a helping hand.

I called out for some HELP...PLEASE!!!

Then it happened. I heard a loud whooshing sound overhead.
Look, up in the sky.  It's a bird....no....it's a plane....it's....it's.....

It's LUMBERDOG!!!!!!!!

That's right folks.  Lumberdog, strange visitor from an alien planet.
Posing as Shadow, mild-mannered pooch belonging to my daughter,
Lumberdog can run off critters and varmints from the largest of slabpiles,
stack and sticker heavy boards and turn cants with a single paw.

Before I could bat an eye he was off to chase a squirrel away. So I went on with my
sawing.  Loaded 19 2x4s, 1 2x6, 1 1x10, and 3 1x6 on the tractor.

Lumberdog came running to the drying barn to help stack and sticker. So I went to get some water, when I got back all I see is

Well, I reckon Lumberdog will at least keep the critters and varmints run off from the slabpile.

Maybe???????
Norwood MX34 Pro,  Massey- Ferguson 175

SPD748

Now that's man's best friend! Great looking lumber and great looking dog.

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

clww

If you had been in Mississippi, I would have thought you were going to say it was the Magicman that swooped in! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ga Mtn Man

:D :D :D :D

Thanks for the laugh, Greg.  I actually "laughed out loud" at that one.  You tell a good story.  Nice spot for milling you've got there.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Delawhere Jack

Woof-woof-woof, wag-wag-wag, pant-pant-pant, (scratch, sniff. lick  :-X), Woof! wag-wag..........

Pass this message along to LD, he'll understand.

I hope he isn't too upset about you sawing HIS wood.... :D

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

Nice dog  8) 8)  and a nice tractor too  ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sprucebunny

Great pictures !

How big a log do you think he'd 'fetch' ???
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

MHineman

Quote from: sprucebunny on July 01, 2012, 06:18:01 AM

How big a log do you think he'd 'fetch' ???

I had a border collie years ago that loved to play fetch.  I finally tried throwing a 6 foot 2 x 4.  Since it laid flat, it was hard for him to pick up but no problem for him to carry.

He laid it aside and brought a "stick" over to throw next.  I think it was a piece of firewood about 5 inch diameter by 2 foot.  He'd pick those up on a full out run and barely break stride.
1999 WM LT40, 40 hp 4WD tractor, homemade forks, grapple, Walenstein FX90 skidding winch, Stihl 460 039 saws,  homebuilt kiln, ......

LOGDOG

thecfarm

Nice picture of your dog on the cant. My wife's dog loves to play in the sawdust. Kinda off a long hair dog and she will come back with sawdust on her face and my wife knows the dog has been with PaPa.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!