iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 w.d. or 4 w.d. delivering firewood in northern michigan

Started by glassman_48, June 26, 2012, 06:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwood

Sounds liike you are doing it right (squirreling away $$, and waiting). Try t onetwork with some local fleet operations with the trucks you want. I got my 00' V10 550 4x4 that way. THey all roll their units at sooem point. I got my truck for very little compared to it's actual value. In time it may need some work, but with my low upfront outlay, I dont mind. Even if it needed a new short block, I would not mind, but it seems fine.......

It's all about the network. I got to know the western Pa. regional operations manager at the company (he has moved on now). I will pm you another local fleet contact that get trucks like you want.

Ironwod
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

glassman_48

thanks ironwood, I got the personal message.  My b-in-law is looking currently and I am going to our large local waste management company and talk to their maintenance guy.  I have soooo much mobile processing to get done too.  My machine is nearly done, if I can ever figure out how to take a picture and get it on here I will do that too.  Thanks for everyones help

s grinder

Ironwood,the 6.0 trans cooler should take care of your problems,had the same problem towing my fifth wheel on back roads with my F350,now have a hard time getting it to 180 degrees trans temps

Ironwood

Thanks, yeah I am about to order the 6.0 cooler from Ford guys locally. Any recommendations on another source"?. I think they want 400-500. I was talking to my buddy the "mechanic" and he said "yeah that's it there", and I thought, "holy crap, I thought that was for the power steering fluid cooling", tiny little thing.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

s grinder

Ironwood,The trans oil cooler you need is Ford #5C3Z-7A095-B,lists for around $427.00,is around twice as large as a V-10 one,the best way to change it out is to remove bumper and grill.There's two in Ebay right now their asking list,i payed around $350.00 5 years ago,if you know anybody thats get a discount you should be able to buy it for less than list. 

Ironwood

S grinder,

thanks!!!! Was looking at several 6.0's yesterday wondering why the 2004-5 was small, I looked at an 06' and it was the bigger one. There was some concern on my part about which one I needed, so this was a GREAT help.

Thanks again, Ironwood

Ironwood

Well, got my new 6.0 tranny cooler in, they are now $530. Well hooked it to what I was told was the tranny cooler, nope,...lost my power steering and brakes, DUH, so redid everything and got it right. The previous owner (not Shinnlinger, before him) must have disconnected the OEM auxillary and tucked the lines into the end of the frame rails :o No wonder I heated it up!.. I test drove it to Long Island over the last two days :-X All is good. Also put an inline spin on filter on it, dropped and cleaned the pan.

Ironwood

Thank You Sponsors!