iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tryin for more logging photos

Started by Shetland Sheepdog, April 18, 2010, 11:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shetland Sheepdog

Here's Linda with some of our Eastern White Pine logs

Here I am with some more of them

Proud operators of Sunset Tree Farm. 130 acres of "hilly" forest, and part of the American Tree Farm System.

Ed

Nice! What is planned for the lumber?

Ed

Shetland Sheepdog

8) Selling the logs on landing as this is a blowdown salvage job! :(
Proud operators of Sunset Tree Farm. 130 acres of "hilly" forest, and part of the American Tree Farm System.

Dave Shepard

Great photos, thanks for taking the time to get them posted! It looks like you standing by a nice whack of pine there, too bad you aren't closer, that is just the kind of logs I like for making timbers.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Woodhauler

You going to sell them to irving in dixfield?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Shetland Sheepdog

My forester is brokering them! All I know is that they are going to the mill in Middleton, NH or to Canada, depending on quality!

JDeere

Middleton, NH  That must be Diprizio's mill. I used to deal with them 25 years ago. If that is who it is, they are good people.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

pasbuild

Good job on the pics, enjoying them, I struggled with the pic thing until da boss added the java upload thingy
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Shetland Sheepdog

8) Got a few nice logs, and some not quite as nice. :o

;D Here they are scattered all over the field! ::)

We will have to go back to piling them, this week, for trucking.  ::)

captain_crunch

Dave that looks more like a helicopter landing than tractor skidding :D :D Kinda looks like Jered was helping you ;D ;D. But my buddy with truck straigened him out when he told Jered he could only reach 30 ft with his self loader and would be nice to have a load he could reach from one spot :) :) His Son on other truck offered to buy the boy a PeeVee. So they straightend him out without Ole Dad haveing to be the bad guy(again) :o :o :o
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Shetland Sheepdog

;D I knew that consolidatin' was gonna be a separate issue when I skidded them! ::) I din't wanna take the time to pile them whilst skiddin'! I were goin' full bore ta keep aheada #1 son who were doin' the cuttin'. ;D Also Bro had the 5000 wif loader inna woods doin' the winchin'! ;) #1 son's been loggin' long enuf soes he tells me how ta do it! ??? ::) :D

Woodmill, them logs is 'bout 2 miles west of the Nashua airport, iffin ya have a need! :o ;)

Shetland Sheepdog

Brian,
I finished cleaning up the "Heli-pad" today 8) Called the forester and told him that the logs were ready! He said "The bad news is that the trucker is leaving for a week in Florida tomorrow AM!" :o ??? ::) Oh well, that gives us a chance to round up a few stragglers! smiley_clapping

captain_crunch

Good Job Dave I just had to rib ya a bit ;D ;D I got two advisers one 19 and the other one 16 and know how you feel but they don't know how to cheat yet so Ole Dad can still keep up :D :D :D
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Shetland Sheepdog

Quote from: captain_crunch on April 22, 2010, 03:08:49 AM
Good Job Dave I just had to rib ya a bit ;D ;D I got two advisers one 19 and the other one 16 and know how you feel but they don't know how to cheat yet so Ole Dad can still keep up :D :D :D
Brian

Brian, my advisor will be 49 this summer, and has been logging for most of the last 29!  :o ::) However, I can still tell him how to build a power line! ;D :o ::)

Here's Mark doing some logging here at Sunset Farm in October of 2004. The saw is a Husky and the skidder is a JD 540

captain_crunch

Dave
You can be proud of him looks like he does a Good job. My boys are both good loggers for their age but get a little upity at times. I could not build a power line to save me(even tho I don't know why I would  want to build one) I started running Cat for Dad when I was 7 years old, Then at 16 got a job driveing offhiway bellydump then from 20 to 46 lived in woods(everything from stump to dump) But cutting was my favorite next to running loader. Guess I fall into the class of Jack of all trades but Master of None ;D ;D ;D
Brian

MDLogging

stonebroke

Are those Texas duals? Where you put a narrower tire on as a dual and it is a few inches shorter so on hard ground it does not touch but when you need it it is in the mud.

Stonebroke

MDLogging

Quote from: stonebroke on April 26, 2010, 02:40:29 PM
Are those Texas duals? Where you put a narrower tire on as a dual and it is a few inches shorter so on hard ground it does not touch but when you need it it is in the mud.

Stonebroke

The inside tires are 35.5's and the outside our 24.5's.   We didnt really dual them up intentially like that.  We were just looking to put a small set of tires on the outside because our axles arent heavy enough for duals.  We make out ok though by taking it easy keeping our stumps low as possible and watching what we do.  As soon as it dries up we're quick to unbolt them

Thank You Sponsors!