iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I think I'll frame it

Started by Jeff, May 29, 2013, 05:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I think this little tidbit is worthy of a frame and going on the wall.  :)

:)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I can't make out what they bought.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Magicman

Yup, that tidbit is worthy of displaying. :)  Now if you could find one of those axes, we could talk about another axe auction !!!    8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

Quote from: Bibbyman on May 29, 2013, 07:16:04 AM
I can't make out what they bought.

Now I see.  Never mind.  ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Roxie

I'd frame it!  $7.25 a dozen in 1888!   :)
Say when

Jeff

It's neat to note that they used a quill type pen to make the bill out. Easy to tell where they dipped the pen. :)

giant splinter

That document is in perfect condition, Good score Jeff it will look great hanging with your other gear.
roll with it

ely

thats the sort of stuff i like to have around, it is interesting that it is that old and looks very good.
i have no such luck with things such as that, this spring i won a silver quarter out of one of those sliding quarter machines down in east texas, then the silver quarter made its way into the town carwash by way of my oldest boy. ::)

Chuck White

That would be my luck too Ely.  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

VictorH

You might already know this, but just in case.  Frame that document behind a UV filtering glass and have it backed on acid free stock.

Jeff

Quote from: VictorH on May 29, 2013, 03:29:19 PM
You might already know this, but just in case.  Frame that document behind a UV filtering glass and have it backed on acid free stock.

Yup. W make sure to use museum mounting when framing old stuff. And also it will be hung where there will never be any direct sun light. Its framed as of a little bit ago. Still need to put a hanger on the frame though. :)

WDH

Very appropriate to frame such a piece of normal every day life from the past.  Too many times, we get caught up in the present technology blitz and fail to see the simple beauty of how things were once done. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Found a place for it. :)

Magicman

That is professionally done and looks very appropriate for such a piece.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Well done and it looks great there!   :)
Say when

Jeff

Tammy's scrap booking corners work great for things like this. You don't have to stick anything to or on the document to hold it in place. I've used them even for things like this small calendar. I hate to put tape on anything.

ely

i like the style and decor you folks have went with.

metalspinner

I like the clock! Book-matched blistered maple?

I made my mom one of those several years ago. It was  Shaker reproduction in walnut.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Jeff

loggah

Jeff, Looking good!!!!!! ;D ;D i got a bunch of that stuff and no room to display it !! :'( :'( ;D picked up a nice "ice saw" today at the junkyard,hand forged , but needs a handle. ;D Your walls are looking great. ;D ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

clww

Send that stuff to the cabin, and I'll display your surplus, Don. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jeff

There is no way we can display all of our print or paper objects, even if we took to putting it on the ceilings.  :-\

james

now you needs to hang a axe above it!
james

giant splinter

James has a great idea, would be special if you could find one of the type shown on the document.
roll with it

Jeff

There is already plenty of axes of all different types within just a few feet of it. All I have to do is point the camera in a different direction.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!