iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood inventory

Started by Firewoodking, March 02, 2013, 07:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodking

Firewoodking

beenthere

Seems we just had a thread on that. At least similar, like years supply on hand or something.  ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bama20a

It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

You first.  :D  Mine has not changed much at all. There is till quite a pile of wood that needs to be spilt. Will be splitting tommorrow. I need to get ahead again. Been kinda slack on the splitting part.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

muddstopper

No pics, but I am getting low. I should have enough for the rest of this year, and maybe half of next year. Even as mild as this winter has been, it seems we have used more than we did last year. Must have to do with getting older and liking it a little warmer.

mesquite buckeye

Disappointing. I thought this was going to be a thread for figuring out cord/acre of a given forest, or how much firewood to expect from a top of a given size dbh tree, or something cool like that.

Oh well...... :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

tyb525

I'm sure one of our foresters can figure cords per acre :)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

T Welsh

Firewoodking, We sold out of seasoned wood around the first of the year! Since then we have been splitting by hand at various slow times and have about 40 cords put up. We just purchased 3 tri axle loads of good hardwoods to run through the processor plus our own stuff. We have gone over 200 cords this last season so far and could have sold more if we had it on hand! I,ll snap a couple of pictures when I get a chance. Tim

doctorb

I think I'm in good shape.  I'll burn for about 6 weeks more, two months tops, and I've got plenty.  Just put up 3-4 cords for two winters from now.  I've learned my lesson, and really kick myself if I don't replenish at tis time of the year.  Once spring comes around, there's lots more to do.  So March is the month that I mark as the time to prepare for one winter away.  Since I burn a lot of oak, I plan for two years seasoning on it, one year on everything else.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

woodmills1

I have been cutting hand to mouth almost all year, probably 25 cord of slabs and dead or rotten.  I only put up 6 to 8 and have like a cord and a half left.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

mesquite buckeye

Spring is on the way..... :)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

proteus

I started the season with about 12 cords and will probably end up with 7 at the end of the season. I have about six cords cut and waiting to be split. We have had a lot of snow, so I have not been able to get as much done as I would like to. I do enjoy getting out and doing a little splitting with the maul during the winter months just to keep the old joints limber :D
Greg

gypo1947

I cut this firewood last week. I demoed a Dyna SC14 firewood processor and we cut approximately 60 cords of firewood.

Firewoodking

Is that 60 cord in the pile pictured?
Firewoodking

DaleK

Got about 110 cords cut and hauled home, maybe 50-60 more to cut. Wait to split it when the slave labour is home from school for the summer, we've got it about figured out now that the 9 and 6 year olds feed me blocks, I sit and run the splitter and the 4 year old throws the split wood off. The 10 year old is a hard case.
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

superbikemike

Got over 600 cords of 8 foot and 16 foot in the yard now g to be processed starting in April

Weekend_Sawyer

And on the opposite end of the spectrum , I've burned 4.5 cords and have 2.5 left. More than enough to get me through this season.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Al_Smith

I've got exactly one face cord left of a pile of 5 cord of oak I burned from this winter .In a short while I'll go retrieve half of that to fill my rack in the garage .There's probabley another 12-15 cords stacked so far and at least that much not split and stacked .

Now I figured out that 600 cords and if I'm correct that would be about a quarter acre stacked a tad over 7 and a half feet high or a half acre at a  tad over 3 and a half feet .Pretty fair stack of wood I'd say .76,800 cubic feet .1200 standard pick up trucks loads or in my case with a Ranger 2400 .Probabley more than could be hauled in a week end .

giant splinter

I burn two to three cords depending on the weather, I keep two to three years at the ready and curing and hold a separate stash for camping firewood and fire-ring use of about a cord.
I maintain fireplace, stove cut firewood and kindling in a separate stash by my processing area as well as barrel stove heat at the sawmill for those cold days.
All together for a years worth is close to 4 or 5 cords for the works including lots of camp fires.
roll with it

Busy Beaver Lumber

Just shy of 4000 bundles in the building

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Al_Smith

So here we are ,only a couple days until spring .Usually by now it's gotten warm enough the stove goes cold  .Not this year by George .

After going through 5 cords of Ohios' finest oak I'm going to have to untarp another stack tomorrow .This is getting rather old  . >:(

clww

No pictures, but I think I've burned about 7 cords at the cabin this year. Since the insulation was installed, much less to maintain the heat. I think I'll keep burning for another six weeks, at least.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

lynde37avery

ill  take pics tomorrow of what I have started. but I got 2 of the 30+ cords split for selling this fall, and about 1 cord in my barn for burning next season. we keep about 3+ years ahead for business with woodlots.
Detroit WHAT?

Thank You Sponsors!