iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been Kicking Myself in the Butt

Started by Bro. Noble, December 29, 2005, 12:04:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

Coffee Regular = Cream and 2 sugars, at least in New England.  So tell me, what is it called elsewhere??

BTW, I drink my coffee black.  Have since my last cavity over 12 years ago.  I tell Mrs. Captain it is because I get enough of Blonde and Sweet from her...
smiley_whip

Captain

Fla._Deadheader

Coffee' Negro, Por Favor.  Why wood anyone contaminate good coffee with cream and sugar, which is actually milk ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

That would be Café Negro mi amigo...

Of course you need a splash of cream and about a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar - and then of course there is café con leche - which is half coffee and half milk - both really hot mixed at your table. And sometimes they sneak in just a little chocolate when you aren't looking.

It can be pretty good at times for desert.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Tom

Well, that's all well and good, but I want to get back to the original post where Noble seems to be testing my curiosity. 

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on December 29, 2005, 12:04:12 PM
Ya know how you sometimes learn stuff (often the hard way) and you tell yourself you're never gonna forget that :-\

Well once many years ago, I was in Mass. where some snot-nosed clerk gave me a lesson in ordering coffee.  I was always going to remember that and use it to impress others of my worldly wisdom ;)

Now just as soon as Captain left after a too short of visit yesterday,  I realized I should have asked him if he wanted his coffee 'REGULAR"  ::) :D :D

I have a problem with hidden secrets.  They keep me awake until I find out what they are.  OK Noble!  I'll bite.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but, what was this lesson you were given?  

Bro. Noble

Well,  Tom,  It was like this ----best I can remember:

We stopped at this little Mom and Pop store to get gas.  As I was paying,  I noticed they had a pot of coffee on and it sure smelled good. 

Me:  I'll also have a cup of coffee to go.

Clerk:  regular?

Me:  no,  it smells awfully good,  I think I'll have a large.

Him:  (looking at me like I'm a moron)  we just got one size.

Me:  (wondering why he asked me in that case)  OK

Him:  (looking at me like I was a moron and in a disgusted voice) regular?

Me (really confused)  I suppose.

Him (starting to put contaminates in my coffee)

Me:  I'd rather have it without that stuff.

Him:  What are you,  some kinda wise guy?

Me:  I'll tell ya what, buddy,  We're just going down the road a ways to my brother-in-laws.  I think I'll just wait till I get there to have my coffee ------- he'll probably have the pot on.

BIL:  ya want some coffee?

Me:  You bet.

BIL:  regular?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Fla._Deadheader

Sorry it took ya so long to stick yer neck in YOUR thread, Bro. Noble. However, That last part was worth the wait.  8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

Whatzit with all these guys makin' coffee milkshakes?

My wife, who doesn't drink coffee, stops at a dairy queen for ..........  coffee(?).    

She returns to the car with a paper cup and a round plastic top with a big hole and a straw stuck in it.

What is that?

Coffee

Lemme taste it. ..............Yuck!  It crunches.

Yeah, stupid, it has ice in it.

?????? :-\

Norm

Well Noble that was worth the wait. :)

I hate coffee that has anything in it, Patty drinks hers with some kind of flavored cream. The smell is terrible but she insists it's delicious, I'm just gonna take her word for it. ;)

Burlkraft

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now I get it..........That's a great story there Bro. Noble

I always like my coffee regular ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Although I have been told that I am irregular :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

sawguy21

That almost sounded like Laurel and Hardy's " Who's on first" routine :D :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

Abbot and Costello, Sawguy.  You young whippersnappers.  :D :D

sawguy21

Just testing you oldtimer :D :D :D Actually you got me. It was Abbott & Costello.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

I love that skit.  Every time one of you jokers brings it up, I have to go find it on Google and wear it out.  :D

OneWithWood

Ah, coffee.  Got off of it for a number of years, switched to green tea.  Got to feeling too healthy so now I have two cups when I am at my day job.  Drink green tea at home 'cause me sweet wife wants me healthy.  I normally drink good coffee 'black' and strong.  When I need a real buzz I have a Cafe' Mocha.  Expresso with dark chocolate - yeah mow we are zipping!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Percy

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on December 29, 2005, 12:26:18 PM

Captain eats about like a normal person------had 2nds on the gritz 8)

The Captain eats GRITS????? Say it aint so.......... ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Captain

I do prefer my corn whole and on the cob, but I just had to try those quick (NOT INSTANT) grits that Noble had.  I'm not sure I can tell the difference as good as DanG can....

Captain

Bro. Noble

That Captain,  he's allright 8) --------drinks his coffee the REGULAR way------BLACK :D :D

I did confess to him that although I like grits (even instant),  my very first choice is SPUDS ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

Quote from: Bro.  Noble on January 03, 2006, 11:52:10 AM
That Captain,  he's allright 8) --------drinks his coffee the REGULAR way------BLACK :D :D

I did confess to him that although I like grits (even instant),  my very first choice is SPUDS ;D

this shall go in da knowledge base
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

IMERC

seems coffee isn't what you think it is or isn't  http://www.coffeescience.org/

saw an article in U.S. World News that was very interesting a couple of weeks ago. wish I could find it now.
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Thank You Sponsors!