iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

jonsered chan saws are they made new or its over

Started by philipxxx, January 15, 2019, 01:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philipxxx

jonsered chain saws  are these still made or is it over for this make/

wild262

Said to say, they are gone, You will find some remaining inventory at some of the box stores yet, but the brand is pretty much history.  :(   The makers decided to expand the Red Max brand instead of promoting the Jonsered and re-branded the saws as Red Max.   There also giving Red Max some of the Husky commercial mowing equipment.  This is not hear-say, info came from a well known dealer on these chainsaw forums.  I for one hate this as much as anyone, but it happened.  Red Max makes some pretty good equipment however.  There blowers have a good name and reputation.  However, I  have yet to see very many of there saws around these parts, at least where I live.   On some models of saws I do see, there nothing more than a red & black dressed up colored Husky/Jonsered.  Which isn't a bad thing. ;)

Allar

That just pisses me off. I actually like Jonsered more than Husqvarna and so did people around here.
We had a Jonsered 2045 for over 10 years, such a realiable machine.

So basicly they will be made by husqvarna and just rebranded as Red max instead of jonsered? Correct?
Firewood & Chainsaw videos: Firewood Warrior - YouTube

weimedog

Sounds about right, not certain if the Jonsered brand survives with pro level saw, I just don't know, and even conversations with those who do show a moving target as the sands are still shifting it seems. But to those folks who have the older pro Jonsered's from the last ten years or so. The 2071's thru 2172's and 2188's etc. Not to worry as the mechanical parts are all Husqvarna with a red wrapper. So parts support will be good for years to come. The Plastic?? Another story. For now its still around. BUT the worst scenario is you shed the Red and wrap it in orange. I'm going the other way, building a 2171"xpw" now where I took OEM red cases for a 2171/72 along with used Jred Handle Bar, Tank, Pull Start. Covers, Chain brake handle & lever and putting a 372xpw 51.4mm top end on it for my this years work saw...so the mix and match concept keeps those red saw running for years if you want to.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Al_Smith

In all the saws I've ever worked on only one was a J-red .Cannot remember the number but it was slightly under 50 cc and ran strong for a little saw .It was something simple like a carb rebuild but I thought if a person were so inclined it could be a contender for running in the 3 cube and under class at the races .That little pup could scoot .

wild262

Quote from: Al_Smith on January 15, 2019, 08:40:36 AM
In all the saws I've ever worked on only one was a J-red .Cannot remember the number but it was slightly under 50 cc and ran strong for a little saw .It was something simple like a carb rebuild but I thought if a person were so inclined it could be a contender for running in the 3 cube and under class at the races .That little pup could scoot .
A 2051 maybe?  Those were high rpm and could really cut.  I sure like them to this day.  Only ones I have left of my personal saws is a 2094.  It doesn't get run much however.  On the rebuild corner I have two 2145's and a 2150.  Basically those are 345-350 Husky.

sawguy21

I am sad to see J-red go but understand the thinking behind it. Husqvarna wants to shed underperforming lines and consolidate their profitable ones. Apparently they are also getting out of the low end box store market dropping Poulan, Weedeater and McCulloch, lots of volume but no money in it.
Jonsereds never did well in western Canada, the distributor concentrated on the eastern market where the brand became very popular. I worked for a dealer in Alberta, we did ok but that wasn't our core business so management put little effort into it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!