iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When they say Flash Flood Warning.......

Started by pappy19, August 23, 2013, 06:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy19

better pay attention. This is a very interesting video showing a flash flood in southern Utah from a storm that was 40 miles away. A very cool video.

Pap

http://www.youtube.com/embed/_yCnQuILmsM?feature=player_embedded
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Autocar

Ive heard of that happening but never seen anything like that, a guy could get in trouble real fast. Thanks for scharing it.
Bill

submarinesailor

WOW is all I can say!!!!!!!!!!!! smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw smiley_eek_dropjaw

Bruce

drobertson

I've seen it, but not like this, ours comes as a slow to fast rise in the low water crossing, pretty cool stuff it must have been to witness without the storms all around,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

The most common saying around here is "turn around, don't drown"

Then there is the only other way to town, and it can be tricky,

I have seen it worse, my little rabbit sounded like a tug boat back in the mid 80's ,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Larro Darro

The Chipola River near my house in Calhoun County Florida has been high for weeks. We have had five days without rain in the last forty five days. I have two camps on the river, an old house trailer and an old travel trailer. The river has never got in the trailers, but a few years ago it was about an inch below the floor at about 28.5'. The river crested {again} at 25.17' at noon today. It had fell to 25', seven hours later. I tried to post some pictures of the flood. I got as far as uploading them to my gallery, but never could figure out how to post. Oh well. They were of a bridge with high water around it. And a table coved in water. You know, a flood.

Make good money. Five dollars a day.
Made anymore, I might move away.

beenthere

Nowaday, when they say "Flash Flood" in WI, it means the storm sewers on the streets are plugged and the water will back up in the street. Maybe 6" deep and standing nearly still.
A real misnomer IMO compared to the true meaning of "flash floods" (as shown in this thread).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

m wood

Did he call that INTENSE??  MY heart was thumping for them, they DO like to be close, dont they?
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

Axe Handle Hound

I would have believed it if someone told that's what it looked like, but I would never have pictured it quite like that on my own.  Really pretty amazing to see how fast that comes on and you can tell by the guy running alongside that trying to outrun a flash flood is not a good idea.

thecfarm

Larro Darro.I see 'em in your album, try this.
I like to go to whatever post or start a new topic first to include a picture.Go to your gallery,it will open in a new window.Click onto your album,than click onto whatever picture you want,it will get bigger,than scroll down a little to find,Insert Image In Post,click onto that,click Yes and that is it. Some have to copy/paste the link to work.I like to hit the enter key at least once or twice to move the picture down away from what I am typing. The enter key really helps to leave some white space if posting more than one picture. Somewheres I think it says to add 10,000 to your user number or something like that to make a clickable icon to your gallery under your user name. Use the preview button to see how it looks and modify it if needed.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

petefrom bearswamp

I never though about the phenomenon of the debris being in the front of the flood.
learn something every day.
Impressive vid.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

drobertson

No kidding, you see the pretty weather and a dry creek bed, then its' a raging river, this has to be a very cool sight to see in person,  david

Larro Darro

This is a test of the Larro picture network. In the event of an actual picture, you can look below.

It worked!!! Thanks for the help cfarm. I was close, but didn't know to scroll down.

The Chipola fell from 25.17' to 24.4' overnight. The forecast is for it to be back down to 18' by the end of the week. As long as the rain holds off, it looks like I will be alright. But it was raining on me on my way to work.

drobertson

Good stuff Larro Darro,  glad you got if figured out, and by the way welcome in, and must say your name is kinda fun to say ;D   david

Larro Darro

I picked the name up thirty years ago in the Navy. It has stuck with me so far. Back in my Navy days, they called me Larro the Darro.

GAmillworker

This video looks like where I grew up in Arizona.  It would storm up in the white mountains and we would have x amount of time to get out of the way of the flood.  Awesome how a dry creek bed can become so dangerous and deadly so quick.
Thank the Lord for second chances

Thank You Sponsors!