iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where to Buy a -- New/ Rebuilt Grapple Hyd. Orbit Motor for Older Skidder

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, September 03, 2014, 10:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

Hello All,

I've been searching everywhere (internet) to find a -- Seal Kit, or Rebuilt or New Grapple Orbit Motor for my Skidder. I had some leads and thought I might get a rebuilt motor but all the vendors were out-of-stock.  My skidder is out of production and no longer serviced with parts. I'm thinking, that Timber Jack or other skidder company's could/ should sell a similar sized orbit motor for their older skidders.

My grapple motor is chain drive... if that helps explain what style orbit motor I need. Also, a seal kit may work too. The orbit motor is leaking at the end of the shaft where the sprocket gear is located. The oil leakage is not too bad but need's fixed to make it right. It will continue to get worst and will end up losing a lot of hyd. oil. I did not want to tear the orbit motor out of there until I had the parts or new one in hand to replace it with. 

Thanks,

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Southside

Give Forestry Construction in Lynchburg, VA a call  540-586-6814, just have your serial number and they should be able to get what you need.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

North River Energy

Have you checked with TST Hydraulics in Merrimack NH?  If you can get the manufacturer and part number off your leaker, they may be able to put something together for you.

nhlogga

Quote from: H60 Hawk Pilot on September 03, 2014, 10:43:45 PM
Hello All,

I've been searching everywhere (internet) to find a -- Seal Kit, or Rebuilt or New Grapple Orbit Motor for my Skidder. I had some leads and thought I might get a rebuilt motor but all the vendors were out-of-stock.  My skidder is out of production and no longer serviced with parts. I'm thinking, that Timber Jack or other skidder company's could/ should sell a similar sized orbit motor for their older skidders.

My grapple motor is chain drive... if that helps explain what style orbit motor I need. Also, a seal kit may work too. The orbit motor is leaking at the end of the shaft where the sprocket gear is located. The oil leakage is not too bad but need's fixed to make it right. It will continue to get worst and will end up losing a lot of hyd. oil. I did not want to tear the orbit motor out of there until I had the parts or new one in hand to replace it with. 

Thanks,

Avery

Have you tried Golden Rule Equipment over there in Myerstown, Pa? They can get a lot of that stuff or may have a good used on e. What  year is the Franklin skidder its going on? You could try Davco in Farmington, Me. PM me if you want Davco number. It's hard to get from 411.
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

H60 Hawk Pilot

The Seller said that it's a later 1980's year model, guessing a 88 or 89 year model.

The S/N is: 17010423

I've called Forestry (Keith) Construction, that was 2 weeks ago. I've called them 2 times since & reminded them that I was still waiting to hear back from them, they were really busy / Keith in parts.

I'd love to have a service manual but they are impossible to find. I've been searching for two weeks and never a mention of one... anywhere on the internet. 

Avery 
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Southside

The manuals are rare as hens teeth, they only printed them when a machine sold new. Baker and Sons in Ohio had one this winter for a machine older than mine, may be worth a call.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

North River Energy

Avery, I meant the numbers off the orbit motor.
I needed a steering pump for my old Michigan, and they assembled one while I stood there, and for a very fair price. 
Once you figure the motor specs and shaft type/size, finding a match should be straightforward. 

H60 Hawk Pilot

NRE and All.

I won't have my Skidder home until next week. My 1st order of business is to pull the Brake Master Assy. off & the Grapple Orbit Motor to ID it and get parts for both items. The Brake Master Assy. will need the bore honed and new pucks installed. The brakes will work when brake fluid is added but bleeds out over time. So, leakage at the Master Cyl. or Slave Cyl. is the most likely area to fix/ repair.

Avery

Thank You Sponsors!