iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Festival Of Wood

Started by John S, August 01, 2016, 08:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

The annual Festival of Wood will be held this weekend (August 6 and 7) at the Grey Tower mansion in Milford, PA.  It is a great show featuring many woodworkers selling their products, timber framing, logging and Marty Parsons with a couple of Wood-Mizer mills.  Hope to see some of you there.

JS
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

lowpolyjoe

I made it up there yesterday with my wife and met my parents who live near Milford.  It was sort of a last minute plan so I didn't have a chance to post on here to see who might be heading there to meet.  Been there 2 years in a row now.  It's a great atmosphere with lots of interesting stuff.   The weather was rough, though.  I have no tolerance for heat and humidity.  I was dripping sweat the whole time.  Luckily it only rained briefly while we first arrived.  On our drive back to NJ we hit bad storms - I hope the event didn't get hit too bad.

Tree climbing/pruning demo by Sequoia(?)

Chainsaw carving

Tents with different informational booths.  Animal rehab center was on the end there.  Bunch of tables with info on invasive insects and different species of trees.  I met a nice guy named Eric from the International Wood Collectors Society.   The view from this lawn is impressive.  Very difficult to see in this pic, but in the background on the ridge is the NJ High Point Monument

I stood around and drooled over the Woodmizers for a while :)

A couple of pics of the grounds

If anyone is within driving distance, it's worth a trip.  Lots of impressive crafts for sale.  There was a big trailer selling ice cream from farm fresh milk (I think?).  I didn't have a chance to try it but lots of people walking around enjoying it.

Thank You Sponsors!