iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree blooming in winter??

Started by Mr Mom, January 27, 2009, 11:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Mom

My tulip trees look like they are blooming is right??
I thought all trees are to be sleeping this time of year.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

ely

down here we have seen several elm trees and willow trees that are trying to swell their buds into existence. sure seems early to me but then al gore has to be right about something.

SwampDonkey

I've seen aspen come out of dormancy a couple of times in the last ten years. If we get a cold spell for a few weeks and it warms up in November, this occurs. The flowers come out to pussy willow size and sometimes the leaves begin the emerge. Of course when it returns cold those flowers and leaves are killed stone dead and the trees get crooks or deformities. But that was trembling aspen, not the other species of aspen.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I was noticing today that the aspen flower buds are starting to stand out now. Easy to pick them out looking up into the canopy.

trembling aspen
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

If I started to bare anything in your weather, I'd tremble too.  :D

cheyenne

They just forgot to turn their tick-tocks back.....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Mr Mom

I just thought it was a good question.

About a week ago i was looking out my window and saw what i thought was flowers and just dismissed it but there is alot more and they are higher up.

The first ones were close to the bottom of the crown and they are working there way up as they come out.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Tom

Yep, that is a good question.  It's just that it begs for some Smart Remarks too. :)

Thank You Sponsors!