iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Graduation

Started by paul case, May 12, 2017, 11:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

That's one happy Graduate there MM. Obviously happy grandparents too.

Congratulations to all graduates! Now get out there and do something else for us to be proud of you for!!!!!

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

sandhills

My niece graduated yesterday, my oldest daughter next weekend, and another niece the weekend after in North Dakota  :o.  Yesterday's was nice, a class of nine, took 45 minutes, and a lot of memories shared by the kids, I enjoyed it.  Now I just have to get 100# of pork but thawed, smoked and ready to go for Friday  ::).

paul case

I attended my home high school's graduation last evening. It rained thundered and lightening through the whole thing so the crowd was a little smaller than normal. Many empty seats in the bleachers to be had. Lasted just over 1 hour. I heard every word that was said. They announced about the same $200,000 worth of scholarships awarded to more than half the student body. Had the video too.  It was all good.

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

ESFted

Just attended the granddaughter's high school event....over six hundred graduates and scholarship money in the millions! It was held in a big sports arena and felt like a theatrical production.  Don't know what ever happened to keep it simple.
S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

sandhills

We had my daughter's yesterday, class of 47 I believe.  They kept it simple and nice, 45 minutes long, 2 really nice speeches from students, and a nice slide show.  The sun actually came back out yesterday, it was a nice day.

caveman

Congratulations on your daughter's graduation Sandhills.

My middle daughter, Shelby, will graduate tonight.  She ended up as the salutatorian and will give a brief speech to her class.  She chose to have me introduce her, which I am honored to do.  My dad graduated from the same school 55 years ago.

Picture is from baccalaureate, which was Sunday.

Caveman

Roxie

Great picture, and way to go Shelby!   8)
Say when

paul case

Congratulations to caveman and Shelby.

Wow is she loaded down with honors or what?

PC
pc

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Ol Caveman looks proud.  8) 8) 8)
I don't blame you buddy.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Thanks Caveman for sharing your pride!   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

caveman

Poston and MM, I am proud of her.  She has worked diligently without much complaint while helping me do a major portion of my job over the past four years.

The graduation went well.  Shelby gave her speech and I was able to give her her (Tom) diploma and she and 407 of her classmates were able to get their diplomas or certificates of completion.  Afterwards they rushed the graduates out of the doors of the civic center and we spent 20 minutes or so trying to locate Shelby and assemble for family and extended family photos.

We were able to get a picture of all of us.  Our youngest daughter has six more years until graduation but they will surely fly by.

Caveman

Roxie

That sure is one beautiful family. 
Say when

thecfarm

Graduation is good. High honors even better.
407? I don't think there was that many in the whole school when I graduated.  ;D  I had 69 in my class.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

Congratulations!  Is she going to college? If so where?

Magicman

There were 8 in my class, but at least we had 3 more than the grade ahead of us!   :o   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

Congratulations Shelby!  I'm just saying that caveman because I got tired of hearing everybody congratulating me, heck I didn't have anything to do with it, she did all the work  :D.  Seriously though congratulations and great pictures, my wife got some really good ones too but I've never figured out how to get them from facebook to here yet.

caveman

Thank you Roxie.
Samandothers, she graduated high school with 42 college credits (I think) and will try to earn 18 more credits this summer by taking classes at Polk State College and Hillsborough Community College.  She plans to start at the University of Florida in Gainesville in August and major in Ag Communications.  I will not be disappointed if she waits until January to go to Gainesville.  Morgan, her older sister graduated from UF last April with a degree in Food and Resource Economics.  With Morgan getting married in April and moving out and Shelby planning to head to Gainesville in August our house is going to be too quiet.

CFarm, there were probably around 775 in her freshman class.  Usually they have around 300 in the graduation ceremony.
Caveman

Chop Shop

Out here on the west coast the audience is full of parents and family and FRIENDS.

The friends tend to bring AIRHORNS.  Like the kind you have to keep on a boat.   They repeatedly honk them every time one of their buddies is called.

Its more of a popularity contest for teens than a ceremony.   Its louder than an industrial jobsite and very annoying.

When I was a kid they only gave you a couple tickets to share with family and it was held at the schools auditorium.  Now there are thousands of people and they are held at the local fairgrounds and events centers, same places where concerts are held here.

I avoid going anymore.  My ears thanks me.   Respect is a rarity these days.

Chop Shop

Congrats to the proud parents/family here to!

samandothers

She sounds like she has done great!  You guys have too!

I wish her the best in her future education and career path.  The home does change as the children grow up and move out.  It is satisfying to see them grow up and move on.  I do enjoy when they come back to spend some time!

paul case

I am quite proud of the young lady that invited us to my alma ma'der's graduation ceremony. Her name is Katelyn Schooley. She received a couple scholarships at graduation. She is a very good artist and has plans to go to PSU in Pittsburg, KS to become an art teacher,among many other things including working in gospel ministry. She and my wife along with 18 others left this morning to go to NM for a week and put on vacation bible school at a navajo reservation.

She also is dating my 16yo son, but I am proud of her anyway.  ;)

PC
pc

rjwoelk

Today my daughter became a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted  Police.
Yup dad got a little emotional.
I am so proud of my kids .
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Magicman

Congratulations on the Graduation and I suppose a "Badging".   8)

rjwoelk

Yes lynn lots of drill part of the orignal drill done on horse back.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Thank You Sponsors!