iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pull through delimber

Started by logloper, July 15, 2013, 09:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Do any of you have experience with pull-through delimbers? The kind that are mounted on the end of the trailer the log loader is on. The loader pulls the tree through and then tops it. I am needing something to limb ponderosa pine, my LogMax wont quite do it.

smwwoody

I have used Danzco: CTR: and CSI.

My first question would be what loader are you going to use it with
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

loggah

I used to have a "STRIPPER" made in West Paris Maine, it was the most dependable piece of logging equipment i ever owned ,2 moving parts !!! ;D You need a good heavy loader to use with them ,and rely on speed not hydraulic power ,we used a hood s-182 kind of light loader but has two swing moters so it worked ok, leave a bunch of wood on the stem because the extra weight will help when swinging, they also work best when you are pushing them backward thru the knives. It worked good on softwood ,and small hardwood. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

snowstorm

what model logmax? and what is it mounted on?

1270d

We have a ctr with s 182 hood also.   Same results as loggah.  You can also crack up the boom if trying to slam hardwood through

rick f

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

logloper

Looking at one on a Prentice384. My LogMax is a 750 on a Timberjack2618 Leveller. It works well, but it will spin deep ruts into the logs if you hit big limbs

smwwoody

a 384 will do a great job   look at the CSI delimbers get one with a big throat so you can pull 4 or 5 trees through at a time
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

smwwoody

is the loader plumbed for a delimber.  if not you would be way ahead wit a towable stand alome unit

http://www.cuttingsys.com/index_trailer.php
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
KJ4WXC

JohnM

Quote from: rick f on July 16, 2013, 08:19:46 PM
http://www.stripperdelimber.com/

Guy here in town has one of these for sale.
thecfarm and I talked to those guys and looked at the unit at the Bangor Expo.  Simple and effective as near as I could tell.  Not that I have any experience with that stuff at all and said as much.  Even though they knew we weren't potential customers they still took the time to talk to us and show us what their product does.  For me, at least, that's a good sign and good business. 

JM
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

BaldBob

Ponderosa can be quite difficult to delimb cleanly with a pull through if the limbs have any size to them. As Logloper mentioned a pull through will often leave deep tearouts in the bole of PP from larger limbs, & if you don't keep the knives sharp it often won't remove large limbs cleanly.

Thank You Sponsors!