iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pettibone master 5

Started by JesseA, January 24, 2018, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miketclew

Not in my fuel budget there isn't :'(!!  It's fairly spacious in there, the biggest concern I have would be room for radiator. The wisconsin is air cooled.

I'm going to do my best to keep the wisconsin going, but have been thinking about re-powering with a diesel since prior to bringing it home.

A friend of mine has one that is diesel powered, I need to take a closer look at it. My uncle also owns one - I believe it's the same model. It's still parked in the woods where it was left 15 years ago :(

buzzegray

Check CL , California, goldcountry. Pettibone 5. Five pictures.

starmac

Couldn't find it on craigslist.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

47sawdust

Mike, that Pettibone bulletin is really kool.I hope you enjoy the skidder as much as the goats do.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

starmac

Wow, it shows the 4 cy jimmy for the diesel option. I assume a 453, and they have it turning 2600 rpms, they wind that puppy up.

I have to wonder if a guy needed to swap out one of those wisconsins  for a diesel, how much trouble it would be to put an air cooled duetze in one.

miketclew

Starmac, reading my mind (The duetz air cooled that is)! Not sure what the horse power options are. I figure 50-60 hp would be plenty from a diesel.

starmac

I doubt the wisconsin puts out any more than that. I don't even know what the duetze is rated at, but guys that have them in skidders sure seem to like them.

JesseA

The f3l912 deutz I have is 37 or 47 kw which is 49 or 63 hp.  Quiet, and easy on fuel.  

The 4.3 in my rock junk is pretty reasonable on gas probably 5 or 6 gallons a day.  But I'm usually chugging it around below 2000 rpm. If it was injected it'd probably be better. 

starmac

I am thinking a 4.3 would have to be kept wound up to have the needed torque in a skidder, but I don't know what their torque is, so just guessing.

JesseA

E
 Most of these came along in second gear, low range. 3.34 in the 4 speed, 2.62 in the transfer, 5.38s in the diffs chugging along at 12 or 1500 rpm.  Granted I was taking one at a time but still, most of those skidder axles are 20:1 between the diffs and the hubs

mike_belben

4.3 is a fairly torquey engine.  Another cheap reliable piece would be a ford straight six but room might not be available.  

For cheap diesels, if you cant find or cant justify the premium expense of detroit/duetz/cummins stuff..  id consider a mercedes om617 from the 240D and 300D cars.  Theyre 3.0 inline 5 turbos with a bosch MW pump.  Very good engine. 
Praise The Lord

miketclew

Quote from: JesseA on March 15, 2018, 01:08:59 AM
The f3l912 deutz I have is 37 or 47 kw which is 49 or 63 hp.  Quiet, and easy on fuel.  

The 4.3 in my rock junk is pretty reasonable on gas probably 5 or 6 gallons a day.  But I'm usually chugging it around below 2000 rpm. If it was injected it'd probably be better.
The f3l912 deutz sounds perfect!!!
Can you post some pics of the deutz ?

JesseA

I grabbed these pictures off the internet, my Deutz is buried in a friends shop.  

JesseA

Quick search says 44kw which converts to 59 hp and 201 kg which converts to 639 lbs.  that seems high because I can shuffle mine around on the shop floor ok.  

Chapman services over in Troy might have one if you want to put a tape measure to one.  

mike_belben

I got $2500 for a 4cyl version.  Theyre right up there with 4BT pricing. 
Praise The Lord

Stang51D

Keeping mine all original.  But then again, Im not using it, im restoring it because its one that my grandpa sold new in 65.   Whats your serial number?

miketclew

Very nice! My serial is 5A-58.

Stang51D

If yours stays original, and you want to sell it some day, I may be interested.

Thank You Sponsors!