iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

looking for skidder parts

Started by aksawyer, May 30, 2010, 06:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aksawyer

Have recently bought a John Deere 440A.It has turned out to be a very good little mach..Like to stay ahead of the game,so was wondering where you all get your older JD parts.Aksawyer,firewood business is doing so well cannot get in any time sawmilling.

JDeere

I don't have a 440 but a friend of mine has a 440C and he has had a difficult time finding parts. I would suggest if you ever get a chance to buy a parts machine at a reasonable price you should grab it.
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

Frickman

Your next trip to John Deere order a parts manual. It will include all the models from the 440 to the 440D. It will set you back close to $200 but it is well worth it. If you can't get some parts from a John Deere industrial / equipment dealer stop by an agricultural dealer. Take the old parts with you. Many parts are shared between the industrial and ag machines. They may have different numbers and different paint but the are the same part.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Bobus2003

I have a late 60's 440, when my dad originally purchsaed it it came with a complete second "parts unit".. I've never had many problems getting parts for it.. I use either my local John Deere dealer or go through http://www.sewlparts.com (Used parts)

If your lookin for a cheaper method than buying the parts manual try this: 

http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/com.deere.u90490.partscatalog.view.servlets.HomePageServlet_Alt

I use it more than my Parts manuals for my 440 or my 550G dozer

treefarmer87

check your local craigslist, or check machinery trader for dismantled machines.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Bobus2003

Another option is.. When your out and about driving around keep a sharp eye on peoples "junk". Old trucks/equipment parked in a Wind-break or in a field.. There were many 440's running around the country that i have found a few just sitting around rusting away because the owner no longer needed it, it broke down ect....

arojay

440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

arojay

440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

Emajsh

we buy most of our parts from PB&H equipment in Antrim New Hampshire. They have a large selection of used parts right on hand and have a national parts locator service if they dont happen to have it there.They also sell new parts a little cheaper than the deere dealer.They ship pretty fast as well, and shipping prices are not too bad either. As far as part numbers go, i usually go to the deere web page to the parts catalog and look up the numbers before i call to order parts.
JD 340D  HUSKY 385XP 372XP

Thank You Sponsors!