iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

090 oiler

Started by Beaser, April 14, 2018, 11:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaser

Hiyall
Recently purchased an 090 av in reasonable shape
issue I'm having is oil flow, using maybe 2 tanks plus to a tank of fuel. The manual is telling me to adjust the control bolt clockwise to slow down the flow, what it doesn't tell me is which side of the saw to do the adjustment from, meaning it could be one way or the other depending on which side of the saw you're standing on, anyone have any clues? The way I read it the bolt needs to screw "in" to increase flow and surprise "out" to decrease flow, can't  see anything on goggle that tells me either way 

Cheers beaser

HolmenTree

Welcome to the Forum.
Just sold my 090 with manual and haven't adjusted the oiler for years.
Yeah like you I had confusion too trying to figure that one out.
The German translation to English doesn't help either. I believe in the instructions there was "anti clockwise " and "counter clockwise".
Even a fancy little double ended flat wrench that came with my 090 to loosen off the lock knot and turn the bolt.

That bolt tightens and loosens a diaphragm and plunger. And I think tightening the diaphragm by turning in the bolt reduces oil flow.  Turning out makes the diaphragm more loose increasing pumping and oil flow.

Best thing try turning it in then see if it helps reduce oil flow
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Beaser

Thanks very much HT tried it both ways doesn't seem to make a difference but wasnt sure how far I  could screw it out before it actually came off. Looks like I may have to tear the whole thing down to see what's  happening.

HolmenTree

You may need a new diaphragm/plunger.
Part # 1106 640 3100.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Thank You Sponsors!