iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bacon

Started by coxy, February 26, 2017, 07:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

I like mine cut thick so I went to a place and asked them to cut it around 1/4in thick the lady looked at me and said I don't think so that's a waist of our bacon I stood there dumb founded I said don't you sell it by the pound she said yes I said ok whats the problem she told me she was going to lose money by cutting it thick if i cut it thin I make more money after a few min of her mouth I told her to shove it 

thecfarm

Should of asked her,which weighs more,a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?  :D  ::)
I wonder if she told someone about the thick bacon.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

I'm telling you some of these people should go back to pre k and learn something

GAB

Quote from: thecfarm on February 26, 2017, 08:09:34 PM
Should of asked her,which weighs more,a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?  :D  ::)
I wonder if she told someone about the thick bacon.  ::)

Ray be careful: per the 17th edition of my Machinery's Handbook
Gold is measured using the Troy Weight standard which is 1 pound = 12 ounces = 5760 grains.
Feathers are measured in commercial weight and 1 pound = 16 ounces = 7000 grains.
Therefor a pound of feathers is heavier by approximately 21.5%.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: coxy on February 26, 2017, 08:17:42 PM
I'm telling you some of these people should go back to pre k and learn something

I do not think that that is a good idea.  Just might do permanent mental damage to the little ones.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

coxy

:D  how true      I got to thinking (I'm not the sharpest  tack in the box) the more cuts they are making the more meat/money there loosing 

thecfarm

GAB,That's a third grade joke by the way.
If she could not understand the bacon,I'm sure she would not know about the troy and the commercial weight.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

69bronco

She wasn't figuring in kerf!  smiley_whacko

Ox

Some people are simply incredible and make a dumb $#!^ like me look like a genius.  I suppose it's why she couldn't grasp the simple concept that less is more.  I'd go back the next day and ask her if she's thought about your request the day before and if she'll allow you some of her magic bacon now.  ;D
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

mike_belben

Now you know why her accounting career didnt pan out. 
Praise The Lord

Jeff

Don't they use a slicer, not a saw for bacon? No kerf.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Must be related to the cashier at DD. Order came to $7.01. Handed over $8.00. Found a dime. Got a dollar,  a dime,  and a penny back. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

I had an uncle Grandma sent to town to buy half a slab of bacon. He got there and went to the store clerk and several of the local derelicts followed him in. Turned out the store only had full slabs and they did not want to buy the end slices and were waiting for someone else to buy some so they could get the choice cuts out of the middle. Just for spite my uncle went ahead and bought a whole slab so they had to keep waiting.

Dave,

Maybe the clerk just grabbed a penny out of the cup on the counter. That would explain you getting your dime back but not the extra penny. ??? I have commented before clerks today have no idea about making change and just hand back the amount the register says. It blows their mind when the bill is $6.47 and you hand them $21.52 and get $15 & a nickle back. They ask me "How'd you do that?" Its a sad state of affairs. If there is not a picture of the item on the register they are lost.

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dave Shepard

No, he was demanding the penny. A bit annoying, as they normally don't give you your pennies in  the change anyway. I save them up, then dump them in the coin machine at the bank. Last time I had 8031 pennies. only jammed the machine twice.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Dave,

Not bacon related but what the hay. Around 2007-2008 we were working a project in southern Norway (Kristiansand) and I had the bank account for the project. The guys on the team would throw their change in a jar and at the end they would bring to me to convert to cash (Dollars or Euros). A Norway Krone looked like our penny but was worth about 7 cents, a 10 NOK piece was worth about 70 cents, and a 25 NOK coin was worth about $1.70 or so. They'd bring me a pint or so of coins, I'd take them to the bank, dump them in the hopper and the bank would reject the foreign (Non-Norway) coins and deposit the amount to my project petty cash account. I'd take the US/Euro coins back to the employee and give them folding money for the rest. In some cases it would be hundreds of dollars and max amount was over $1,000. They just never realized how much it had built up to be. They were thinking US value for a 10 or 25 NOK piece like our quarters instead of the true value. 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

speaking of pennies my mom and dad started saving there pennies and nickels when they found out my wife and i where going to have a kid after they passed away we found 36 1 pound coffee cans full  of pennies and nickels in the closet covered up with junk my daughter was 18 when the passed away we still have them all in the same coffee cans  my oldest daughter wants to split them with her younger sister  :o :)

thecfarm

I myself would call them pennies and nickels from heaven.
Every penny and nickel they would think of her.

luvmexfood

Quote from: coxy on February 27, 2017, 06:26:40 AM
:D  how true      I got to thinking (I'm not the sharpest  tack in the box) the more cuts they are making the more meat/money there loosing
Makes you wonder if her tack even made it into the box.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!