iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The eagle has landed

Started by MReinemann, September 28, 2012, 08:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MReinemann

Brought home the new LT35HD today from Woodmizer Northeast,  great guys to deal with b.t.w.  Gonna give her the big test run tomorrow will try to put up some better pictures.  Got the debarker and the 2 extra side supports.  Should be a nice change from my old Hud-Son 121 manual mill.
-Matt

Migal

;) Sweet  8) nothing like getting to put the first scratch on something New! LOL
Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

bandmiller2

Congrats I just love that new mill smell. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clww

Looks super! Congratulations! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

grweldon

Fine looking piece of machinery!  I know you are happy to have it!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Migal

Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

Tree Feller

Congratulations on the new toy, er tool.   ;D
Cody

Logmaster LM-1 Sawmill
Kioti CK 30 w/ FEL
Stihl MS-290 Chainsaw
48" Logrite Cant Hook
Well equipped, serious, woodworking shop

Okrafarmer

Be sure to show us your first log! The first log on my LT-40 was a sweetgum. For good luck.  ;)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

TimGA

TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

John_Haylow

Very nice. Enjoy and have fun. 8)

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

EZland

EZ Boardwalk Jr. 30", Husky 455, Kioti 5010 w, FEL , And I just moved to Ohio.and still looking for logs.

God is great!  I will never be as good as the "Carpenter's Son"

Chuck White

Congrats on the new mill, Matt.

Many years of sawing with it ahead of you.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

MReinemann

Well so far so good.  Cut a mantle piece for a buddy of mine and started cutting for a new shed that I plan on building. Only one issue so far my debarker got wedged up against a big knot on a ash tree and stopped spinning and tripped the circuit breaker.  Figured out it was the circuit breaker reset it but I must have ruined the motor or gearing some how because it will spin but it feels like grinding bearings when you spin the blade, I shouldn't say spin more like a turn with your hand and it will stop instantly when you shut the switch off rather than spin down like it usually does.  It will also keep tripping the breaker if it does spin.  It feels like a bearing failed inside the motor shaft.  O well looks like a call to woodmizer in the morning, curious to see how they handle it.  Figures I'd break something the first day I use it.  Other than that I am pumped, works like a charm.  Feels like cheating compared to my old manual mill.  Here's some pics for you guys.
-Matt

Okrafarmer

You're like me, always got to bust something!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sawmillhand

man that sure is a sweet looking mill  nothing like brand R new to break in
1990 woodmizer LT40 Hyd  2004 Ford F350 Flatbed. Plenty of tractors.

MReinemann

Here's a few more pics, I know how you guys love them.  Had to have the wife figure out how to shrink the size down to upload them.
-Matt

clww

Great pictures and a nice looking FEL, too! ;)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

customsawyer

Great pics and congrats on the mill. Check and see if there is something wedged between the blade and the shield on your debarker.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Looking at your second pic......where do you get square logs from?  :)

Nice mill MR. Einemann
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

MReinemann

Checked to see if something was wedged in there after it happened.  Defiantly feels like the bearing is bad.  Grinds when you turn the blade.  Thanks for the advice though, first time with a debarker.

Magicman

Looking very good. 

A little trouble shooting will determine what has failed or jammed in the Debarker.  It being new, I doubt that the problem is anything that you did, because those units are really rugged.  Bearing replacement is not really a chore.  LINK

Rounding that sawdust chute out will help prevent sawdust clogs.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MReinemann

Thanks for the info Magicman.  Sounds like a similar problem, I read through your post.  My debarker looks a little smaller than yours.  I'm gonna give um a call in the morning to see what they say.  Only had the mill since friday.

Thank You Sponsors!