iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS361?

Started by SasquatchMan, December 17, 2003, 07:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SasquatchMan

Has anyone else heard tales of Stihl making a new model?  Know anything about it?
Senior Member?  That's funny.

maine_firewood

Yes I just purchased the 361 last week WHAT A NICE saw I'm sure others will find something to say but I think it cuts like a dream this is my 4th Stihl and I think by far the best. Let you know more after I've put some hours on her.

oldsaw-addict

In short its a newer possibly better version of the MS360 or what was once the 036. I dont know what to say about it, I've never actually had  the opportunity to pick one up and hold it so I have no clue what to say about it besides its new and I need to wait a few months and see how it goes before I go out and even look at one. I'm by all means a Husky man, so I dont really favor many stihls other than the legendary 090/090G models.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Sawfan

I stopped by my local dealer to get the scoop on the new ms361 since I just bought a new ms360 last year and it has only cut 4 cord of firewood. I woundered "why did stihl decide to re design that model". I got three answers from the saw tech that was there. 1. emissions apperently the 361's new porting design puts put less pollution. 2. anti- vibration. get this, it has "gasp" springs, instead of rubber anti-vibe mounts. I bet the husky guys will chime in on how huskys spring design is far superior. :o  and 3 its .2 pounds lighter and only 61cc instead of 62.5 like the old 360/036. Although it lost .1 horse power they "said" it gained more torque.When I picked it up and grabbed the bar to test the anti vibe system it appeared to work quite well as far as I could tell without running it. I also thought the power head was a little more bulky than m ms360, but didnt compare them side by side. I would say if you are looking for a new saw this one will be as good as the 036/ms360, but I just got a new saw so I most likely wont get to try one out very soon :'(

I was also told that the ms260 is on its way out soon due to the fact its hard to make it meet emissions standards these days. >:(
Sawfan

Sawfan

I stopped by my local dealer to get the scoop on the new ms361 since I just bought a new ms360 last year and it has only cut 4 cord of firewood. I woundered "why did stihl decide to re design that model". I got three answers from the saw tech that was there. 1. emissions apperently the 361's new porting design puts put less pollution. 2. anti- vibration. get this, it has "gasp" springs, instead of rubber anti-vibe mounts. I bet the husky guys will chime in on how huskys spring design is far superior. :o  and 3 its .2 pounds lighter and only 61cc instead of 62.5 like the old 360/036. Although it lost .1 horse power they "said" it gained more torque.When I picked it up and grabbed the bar to test the anti vibe system it appeared to work quite well as far as I could tell without running it. I also thought the power head was a little more bulky than m ms360, but didnt compare them side by side. I would say if you are looking for a new saw this one will be as good as the 036/ms360, but I just got a new saw so I most likely wont get to try one out very soon :'(

I was also told that the ms260 is on its way out soon due to the fact its hard to make it meet emissions standards these days. >:(
Sawfan

Thank You Sponsors!