iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 50V again HELP KEVIN!!!!

Started by AtLast, April 03, 2004, 06:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

I'm having a hard time finding a new bar for this JD 50V and wonder if anyone has any suggestion for a replacement

Rocky_J

I have no clue what you need, but I can tell you that chainsaw bars are easily modified. In order for a bar to work, you need a few things to line up.
1- mounting bolt slot
2- chain tensioner needs to line up with hole
3- oiler needs to line up with hole

Holes can be drilled in bars using a decent quality drill bit. It ain't rocket science. If you can find one close to matching, it can be modified to fit.

If you need more info about your saw, check out Mike Acre's Chainsaw Collector's Corner website:
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf?OpenDatabase

chet

I prefer Windsor Speedtip bars. If you would like to try them, you would need a 16UXL50STA for a 16 inch bar, a 18UXL50STA for a 18 inch bar, a 20UXL50STA for a 20 inch bar, or a 24UXL50STA for a 24 inch bar.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

oldsaw-addict

If you have to modify the mounting slot to make it fit, I would STRONGLY advise you get a good grinding machine capable of grinding a uniform edge along the existing mounting slot.I altered a small hardnose bar from a mount for a mcculloch to fit a Poulan made with larger mounting bolts, I still have the bar, its not too hard to do it but it took me about 4 hours with a really coarse metal file and a LOT of elbow grease.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

Duane_Moore

AtLast, maybe I can help, only maybe. the  JD, saw I think takes a UXL series bar, this bar is the same a Homelite. now Baileys had a bunch of these bars on sale, they are Carlton speed tip bars.  $19.95  U.S.  I bought a bunch of them and really like them. If you can not find any let me know I have 2 18" & 2 -20" new bars that will sell  to ya, from baileys,  hope this Info is correct, I think J.D. was same as Homelite, thats what the books say,  hope this helps, Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

oldsaw-addict

If you're thinking about the newer JD and homelite models then they are pretty much the same, the 80s models I think Homelite was an independant company from JD who had Echo making saws for them from the earliest JD saws to the 1990s I think, the exact date when JD stopped having Echo make saws with JD paint and decals is unknown to me so I'm probably off by a few years on the last Echo/JD connection.
Let there be saws for all mankind!

chet

The 50V was made by Echo,  the following Homelite models use the same bar: 330,350,360,400,410,450,460,550,650,700,750,800,825,850,900,922,923,925,1050,SXL,XL12,XL15,XLAUTO<XL400,XL923,V1925,V922 & V955.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Duane_Moore

8)Thanks Chet, would have stayed out of this one, but thought could help out,  Duh---Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

dozerdan

Hi
 You guy are correct, the JD 50 was built by Echo. Before JD starting selling the Echo saws they sold saws built by Remington in JD colors.
Later
Dan
Danny Henry
Central Pa.
Home of the Original Power Ported Saws
570 658 6232
dozerdan@sunlink.net or
dozerdan@nmax.net

Kevin

AtLast

Duane_Moore....Thank you for the kind offer...glad ya didnt stay outta it.

Chet....so I can use an 18" Homelite bar?

Kevin...thanks..

And thank you to all the rest-a you fellers...appreciate yer input

chet

The homelite models listed are an exact match.

AtLast

Thank You Sponsors!