iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

does anyone have a Woodmaster Outdoor Wood Boiler

Started by just_sawing, October 23, 2014, 12:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just_sawing

I am thinking about purchasing one and wondered if anyone has experiance with these?
You can follow me at
www.http://haneyfamilysawmill.com

Dave Shepard

There are a bunch of them around here. They are popular because they have a fan, and manage to burn all manner of frozen, soggy, rotten crap and not put out much heat as a result. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

r.man

The ones without a fan will burn rotten crap as well.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

thecfarm

I kinda like burning all that wood Dave.  :D  I don't make a habit of it,but it sure does get my FIL going. I really like to use all that type of wood when he comes for a visit. He tells me the same thing,but the house is nice and warm.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

M Cook

I have 2 5500's one is 9 years old no problems at all other than a new fan motor, the other one is a year old we use it at our shop.  My brother also has a 5500 he has run for 9 years, my brother in law has one that is 14 years old, all of them have been very reliable with no major problems and do a good job of heating our homes and shops. 

Mike Cook
Mike Cook

Ivan49

I have the 4400 and have had it for 9 years. Only had to replace the fan motor and door gasket. Great dealer net work in this area. I to like to burn all that crap. I get more heat out of it in the stove than i I let it lay in the woods

Ford_man

That is not CRAP wood it is burnable trash wood. splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley

iowaowb

We have a 5500 and the biggest problem we have had mechanically is the fan in the door last year went out. This is after 8 years. It as always done what is asked of it for the most part. We go through quite a bit of wood, however we are heating a lot. Around 4,500 sq ft in house, 700 sq ft garage, domestic hot water for residence, and heating a separate shop pole building 1,600 sq ft 10 foot walls. We also keep everything warmer then we would if were burning gas or something else. Also have learned to keep the water temps low until we really need some heat, saves wood and in our case we receive a lot of wind and it will draft a little bit in high winds and run hotter. It is really nice in fall and spring that you can set your thermostat in house and it wont run you out of the house like a regular stove.

spyder68

I just sold a woodmaster 546 built in 1994. It was a demo when I bought it. I had it for fourteen years. I bought a Portage and main. I wanted a boiler that used less wood. Plus the bl2840 is a module boiler when something goes wrong with it I will be able to take apart and either replace the part or fix it. Because I didn't know squat about outdoor boilers at the time my 546 was way over sized.

Thank You Sponsors!