iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tj

Started by coxy, October 03, 2017, 06:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

my cousin has a 225d and we are having trouble trying to adjust the parking brake it has a brand new brake band and cable  the adjustment by the band has a link thing like a master link in a chain  I even drilled different holes in it to make it a longer pull for the cable and still cant get enough to make it hold the skidder on a hill its almost like the band is to big did they make different size brake bands for them   is a 230 240 band bigger than a 225 he has over a grand in all the parts new band cable linkages had to buy a used drum and parking brake handle assembly that is by the shifter

bushmechanic

Coxy did you adjust it with the park brake handle?

coxy

yes we tried everything that this little brain could think of  ;D  all the adjustments are bottomed out

Maine logger88

Is it a reman band? If it is I wonder if it got stretched in its previous life? I've seen that on winch bands before
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Riwaka

or ask the band manufacturers how many sizes they make now.
http://www.midwestbrake.com/riveted_bolted_brake_bands.php

Bert

I drilled new holes in the bracket where the handle mounts in the cab beside the hi range shifter to get my adjustment back. Just drilled it out an moved the handle forward a half inch or so. I think my cable was stretched cause I put in a new brake bank. In other words, move the pivot point forward.
Saw you tomorrow!

mike_belben

Im picturing a band with an achor at one end and pull at the other end like 2nd gear in an auto transmission.  If so.. Can you verify that the anchor is still attached and nothing is bending or uncoiling, however the band is stamped for the anchor end.
Praise The Lord

Neilo

The swing lever that attaches to the band might be installed backwards. All bands for the NP transfer case are the same.

I have used a cable from a Toyota FJ40 handbrake and made a cable stop under the handbrake lever.

coxy

when looking at the band from under the skidder by the rear end looking forward at the bottom anchor point (there is a bolt and nut that holds the bottom of the band)  should it be on the back side or the front side  of the anchor that's on the frame of the skidder   

Neilo

Mine has two bolts on the bottom mount. It is on the back side of the frame mounting plate.

coxy

if it would be towards the rear end its on the right way  jmop but that brake is a pith poor set up  ;D I liked the old micro brake set up better when they worked and didn't leak off or stick on which was most of the time  :D

Thank You Sponsors!