iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2018 Forestry Forum, 15th annual Pigroast.

Started by Jeff, March 02, 2018, 12:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

That's where I have booked lodging. Just curious how far away it is. Not bad at all.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

Had no idea there was anything out there. Is it a cabin on the lake?

LeeB

Yes sir, through VRBO. (vacation rental by owner) We often do that instead of staying in hotel/motels usually for about the same price and you get a full home with all the amenities. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

starmac

Well shoot, that saw is the door prize for the member that travels the most miles to get to the pig roast right. hmmmm

I don't think grits goes to well with bbq  pork anyway. I reckon a guy could choke down a grit or two if he had to, to meet some of the members though.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Jeff

Quote from: starmac on March 10, 2018, 11:32:06 PMWell shoot, that saw is the door prize for the member that travels the most miles to get to the pig roast right. hmmmm

negatory

starmac

Well dad gum, son of a gun and a whole bunch more bad words. It sure sounded like a good idea though.

If everything goes as planned, there is no way I could even think about coming anyway, it does sound like fun though.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

LeeB

Well now, what was booked weren't booked but now something else is booked. Still got lodgings. Unless it somehow ain't booked either.  ::) It should be ok though. Lindy booked it this time. It's such a hassle trying to do anything from here at work.

DR_Buck

Quote from: starmac on March 10, 2018, 11:51:07 PM
Well dad gum, son of a gun and a whole bunch more bad words. It sure sounded like a good idea though.

If everything goes as planned, there is no way I could even think about coming anyway, it does sound like fun though.
Alaska is not far by Pig Roast attendee standards.  You need to come a lot farther to be the member that travels the most miles.   In fact, Alaska is in the same neighborhood by pig roast travel distance standards.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Crusarius

Wonder how my wife would feel about me leaving her with a newborn to hang out with you guys? Good news is the new one is due in July so that gives me some time. Right?

Jeff

Bring them with you. This is a family event!

Crusarius

I would love to do that. but I think that may be just a tad to young for a 10 hour road trip.

However if I get a green light maybe I will being the other kid.

scully

Okay Jeff ! I knew you had your ways of getting things done etc. but really ! the hat ? !!! Way to go ! Now I need to attend or die I guess ! I swear I am going to try with everything I have ! Don't ever think I don't wanna be  there I know it is a huge time ! Plus I wanna meet this wide head dude ! or goat guy or whatever ! Anyway I got your message loud and clear ! Oh and I might bring my recently acquired USFS lantern and let you touch it !
I bleed orange  .

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Scully, Im really not sure if I can make it. But I may have some commemorative  
Goat Bobber Heads to put on your dash Jeff will hand out at the PR.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Don P

If any of you are travelling up 81 or 77 through VA I have a little package that I'd appreciate heading up that way if someone with a heavy half ton or better and the best part of the bed can swing by.

james

don't know for sure I can this year , but gonna try  would be driving
james

DR_Buck

We're in.  8)       The Pig Roast will be the first stop for Kitty and I on our multi-stop week and a half adventure.   Going to check off a few bucket list stops and activities.   ;D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!