Sponsors:

Married 22 years.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, March 10, 2018, 10:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dchiapin

50 years April first and we still talk to each other

florida

Xlogger wins the internet today!  Lol!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

GAB

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on March 10, 2018, 10:21:26 PM
Yesterday was mine and Julie's 22nd wedding anniversary.

how long have y'all been married?

I was wondering who leads the way on the FF for the longest years married?
Another 18 and your wife will qualify for sainthood.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

GAB

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 11, 2018, 08:18:10 AM
  July 2nd will be 41 years.

Congrats to all the persistent members here.  :)

Honorable mentions to those on the catch and release program. ::)
I've never heard it called the catch and release program.
That is a new one on me. 
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

WV Sawmiller

Starmac,

BTW - if you actually got yours trained you are a better man than me. :D 

I used to tell her I was going to trade her in on a newer model then one Sunday the preacher preached on men changing wives like cars (I still think she put him up to it) and my ribs were sore for weeks from her constantly elbowing me through the sermon. :o

Gerald,

Does that mean Becky already qualifies for sainthood in our case?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandhills

Well I'll be the low man on the totem pole, only 8 years here.  I did however tell her when she turned 50 last year I got to trade her in on 2 25 year olds, well you can about imagine how that went over  :-X :D.

Gary_C

It's relatively easy to stay married a long time. You just have to get the last word in every discussion.

And it's important those last words have to be "yes dear, you're right again."

;D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Magicman

We could never agree on a divorce because neither of us wanted the kids.  :o   :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pigman

2 years with my second wife. I was shocked there were two women in this world that would marry me.  :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Quote from: Gary_C on March 11, 2018, 01:15:27 PMIt's relatively easy to stay married a long time.

AND NEVER say you are going to trade for two!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

starmac

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 11, 2018, 11:20:22 AM
Starmac,

I used to tell her I was going to trade her in on a newer model then one Sunday the preacher preached on men changing wives like cars (I still think she put him up to it) and my ribs were sore for weeks from her constantly elbowing me through the sermon. :o

Gerald,

Well, it is possible that I may have overstated that little minor detail just a bit, to tell the truth, the older she gets, the more  she forgets her training.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

GAB

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 11, 2018, 11:20:22 AM
Starmac,

Gerald,

Howard:
Have you met Julie's other half?
Gerald

GAB

Quote from: sandhills on March 11, 2018, 12:06:45 PM
Well I'll be the low man on the totem pole, only 8 years here.  I did however tell her when she turned 50 last year I got to trade her in on 2 25 year olds, well you can about imagine how that went over  :-X :D.
That there would kill you!
Gerald

Sheepkeeper

We'll be 36 years this June. Been a lot of ups and downs but our faith in God has carried us through it all.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

WV Sawmiller

Gerald,

No, I did not meet Julie. I went and spent most of a day as a mill hand with David but did not get to meet his bride. She must be real special to put up with David. ;)
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

pineywoods

I tip my hat to Papa1stuff. Coming up on 59 next month. 18 of those as a full time caregiver...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 11, 2018, 03:15:06 PM

She must be real special to put up with David. ;)
I'm real special to have somebody to put up with ME.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Stuart Caruk

Wow, there are a lot of old farts running sawmills... who knew...
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

gspren

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

GAB

Quote from: Stuart Caruk on March 11, 2018, 05:31:11 PM
Wow, there are a lot of old farts running sawmills... who knew...
Me thinks you need to change "there are a lot of old farts" to there is a lot of wisdom.
When you can't purchase what you need you improvise, that is the only way to go.
Gerald

GAB

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on March 11, 2018, 03:15:06 PM
Gerald,

No, I did not meet Julie. I went and spent most of a day as a mill hand with David but did not get to meet his bride. She must be real special to put up with David. ;)
David and Julie are not bad people.  Only thing w/David is it is at least $300.00.
Remember generally speaking opposites attract.
I wish them and all the others many more years of wedded bliss.
Gerald

WLC

Coming up on number 31 towards the end of the month.  
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Ed_K

Hope you had a great Anniversary 8) .

40 5/12 ;D
Ed K

coxy

it will be 18 years in August   i tried to get her to divorce me a few times so i could own half of nothing instead of owning all of nothing :) 

Southside

Congratulations David, been 8 years. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!