iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Southern trip cancelled

Started by petefrom bearswamp, March 23, 2018, 08:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petefrom bearswamp

Had planned to leave the 15th for our southern swing to visit forum members and a niece in Texas, but we both have been fighting colds and havent shaken them yet.
Gone through lots of cough medicine and tissues.
This is going to put us too far into the spring when i typically open the mill for business along with some other issues here in NY.
We had looked forward to this trip all winter.
Plus i had been eating a lot of grits in an attempt to acclimate myself to southern delicacies.
Maybe next year
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

thecfarm

pete,just say no thank you.
I was down in SC many years ago. The only thing I had to acclimate was my,No thank you,when I was asked if I wanted grits. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Oh No!!!  Now what do I do with the three weeks that I had set aside for your visit ??  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Maybe we are smart for not visiting.
That sounds like a lot of tailing/offbearing to me.
Seriously, we are disappointed.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

pineywoods

Aw shucks, I was looking forward to 2 old old farts showing the young squirts how to keep on sawing,,, :(
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Raider Bill

I'm DanG glad I already got my cheese!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

gspren

Eating all them grits is what got you sick, northern bodies aren't accustomed to them. 
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

WV Sawmiller

gspren,

Eating the grits is probably the only thing that saved them. They have a cold and sniffles while everyone around them were dropping like flies from flu and pneumonia and such.

Sorry about the trip. Pete. Hope you can reschedule soon.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

In addition to the trip not happening my taster has been off for the past 2 weeks.
Nothing tastes good.
getting slowly better tho, may even do some grits tomorrow morning.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You can get an over the counter med called "G-pack".....
or have your Doctor write you a perscription for the good stuff...."TheraGrit".

It'll get you up and going in no time at all.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

My doc is Indian and says you have to take it with curry
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

caveman

Sorry you are not going to make it down this year.  I was looking forward to meeting you in person.  I may still be pestering you for some dendro samples if the FFA team I am helping starts working hard again.  Just a thought, if you removed yourself from that frigid environment for a little while, you might get over the cold.
Caveman

petefrom bearswamp

I think we were lucky in one sense.
If we had left to travel and had the onset of these colds it would have been misery.
Lynn we might have needed to stay 3 weeks at your place.
Last summer I was diagnosed with a small hernia in the left stomach area and I coughed so hard I aggravated it.

caveman, PM me when U want dendro samples
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on March 26, 2018, 08:15:41 AMLynn we might have needed to stay 3 weeks at your place.

We had your room ready.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on March 25, 2018, 12:05:57 PM
You can get an over the counter med called "G-pack".....
or have your Doctor write you a perscription for the good stuff...."TheraGrit".

It'll get you up and going in no time at all.  :)
:D :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

petefrom bearswamp

Nice lookin cabin Lynn
Maybe next year we can stay healthy.
Kubota 900 RTV
57 acres of woodland

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I think this is the is the first time I have seen a postcard pic of the Magic Cabin.
All I've seen was close ups of work in progress.
But looking at it like this makes me appreciate your hard work more. Good job Lynn!

Magicman

Nope, that ain't the Cabin but it was used as a pattern for the original Cabin.  The original owner of this home built it for his TV Repair shop.  When we moved here it became my woodworking shop.  A couple of years later we needed a "Mother-in-Law" house so I built a new shop and this became her home for the next 14 years.  It now serves as a Guest House.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Okra's House.  ;D

Its Purdy...I like it. 

Magicman

Howdy was the last person to sleep there.   8)

OntarioAl

But Lynn Where is the snow?? ;D
Al from the winter wonderland
Very nice cozy cabin though
Al Raman

Magicman

OK, I could hang a picture on the front door to make him feel more at home.  I could also cut the heat off.   :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andries

If you cut the heat off, some of us Canukians might think that it's juuuuust perfect.
:D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!