iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lubmizer Nozzel Issue

Started by DR Buck, April 13, 2018, 08:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

What's the deal with removing and reinstalling the top Lubmizer spray nozzel?   I don't ever remember ever having a problem with this in the past.

I went out and fired up the mill for the first time in about 2 months and both lubmizer spray nozzels were clogged.   The bottom nozzel screwed right out and back in after unclogging with no problems.   The top was a completely different scenerio.  First when I screwed it out it pushed against the blade guide roller but finally wiggled free.   However, there was no way it was going back in with the roller in the way.   It looked as though the nozzel itself was too long.   I WAS NOT GOING TO REMOVE THE BLADE GUIDE and have to realign everything.   

I finally took the top nozzel into the shop and filed the top end down and rounded off the edges making the overall length shorter.  This worked and it went back in with no problem.   

As I already said,  I don't ever remember having this problem in the past.  The only thing that has changed is a bad roller guide was replaced.  Has anyone else had this issue?
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Dave Shepard

Other than the fact that they like to seize in the hole, I've had no problems changing nozzles. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

steve marek

I had same thing happen I filed a bevel on top to get back in
WM LT40HD logrite ach 718 woodmaster timber framing tools 3000 ford tractor 359 395 husky chainsaw woodmizer e50 single blade edger woodmizer 260 moulder 2538 mahindra tractor kd 250 kiln

terrifictimbersllc

Same here, top one I filed down.  Maybe earlier ones which were replaced were shorter, I don't know. 
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

scully

I took mine off and made the hole bigger . I had to remove the roller , but not a big deal .
I bleed orange  .

petefrom bearswamp

Mine kept plugging so I just removed them and let the lube/coolant gush out.
I find that more seems gets on the blade this way as the spray nozzles way over sprayed the blade
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Magicman

I drilled the top nozzle out to 1/16" (I think).  Anyway it stopped the clogging and still sprays.  The lower one seldom if ever clogs.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!