iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Phase 2 08 F350

Started by MartyParsons, April 25, 2018, 08:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

Hello,
    Phase two. First phase was the engine.
Second phase was the bed. We have three Fords trucks. The 2002 bed I did this winter with new braces under . This bed was not so good either and it was damaged prior.

Last year I purchased a take off bed and have been waiting for the right time.

Off with the old and on with the new.

While the bed was off I did a little painting.

And purchased some lanolin undercoating. Fluid Film Never used this product before. I think there has been some post on the FF so I thought i would give it a try.

We kept pushing on the top of the bed in the front, so we put some 1" rods in here to stiffen it up a little.

Bolted the 1" rods to the top of the bed rail. Not sure if this is the best way but it is all I had time for.

I also worked on the cab some with the pressure washer. Hope to paint under there once it drys.

Not sure if it will make it another 220,000 miles but we are going to give it a try.

Thanks!

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

51cub

Looks good to me. We've been starting to use Fluid Film on the town trucks. I can't say much yet but with the salt these poor things sit in, I think we're going to give it a pretty good test
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

snowstorm

fluid film dose work. i have been using it on plow sand trucks for years. when you coated the pickup bed. you used plenty and then some. spray it at 50 psi or so. it dosent take a lot. get the inside of the bed rails. the plastic plug on the rocker panel. the door needs to be open to see it. spray plenty in there.

MartyParsons

Hello,
  Thanks I was trying to figure how how to keep the flow down. I was spraying at 150. So 50 psi would be helpful the next time. Thanks
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

snowstorm

you will have see what works best for air psi. and move the gun fairly fast side to side. i bought the hose that goes on the gun for getting inside hard to reach spots. i pull the plastic panels from the inside back of cab and spray that also. what i have found is a plastic piece glued to the cab corner. so you cant spray the lower cab corner from the inside. you need to go through the hole in the rocker panel

MartyParsons

The pictures tell the story. Check engine light came on. It is nice to have the tuner to see what codes exists.

This is a tool to keep you from dropping a socket in the valve cover. The Ford dealer said it was not needed. It was cheap insurance.

Removed the right side wheel and the inner fender . A/C was in the way a little. This boot was loose and was leaking.
When they replaced the new heads they asked me if I wanted all new glow plugs. I have replaced four so I said no. Not that big of a job.

Test to make sure the code was correct. Could have been a loose connection. But no this one had no RED.

3000+ miles since the engine work was completed. Runs like new!

Thanks!

Marty

Thank You Sponsors!