iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS 461 Service Manual

Started by Ga_Boy, July 04, 2018, 07:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ga_Boy

I picked up a MS 461 about a year ago.  I asked the counter guy about ordering a service manual for me.  I got the impression he was unsure how to order the manual, so I did not press him.

Had the saw in the shop (different shop than where I bought it)for the Oiler not working, turned out to be a bad oil cap, was not sealing properly.  Asked this counter guy about a service manual got a similar response; they were unsure if he could order a service manual for me.

I have service manuals for my 028, 361 and 460.  

Why is can I get a manual for my 461?

Did Sthil quit selling service manuals for their saws?

I am in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.  

Any help is appreciated.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

teakwood

Did Stihl ever sell service manuals for their saws??

I know they don't want to have the info out so you need to go to your dealer (which should be trained from stihl)

i can't find anything on the net ether
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

joe_indi

Quote from: Ga_Boy on July 04, 2018, 07:54:11 AM
I picked up a MS 461 about a year ago.  I asked the counter guy about ordering a service manual for me.  I got the impression he was unsure how to order the manual, so I did not press him.

Had the saw in the shop (different shop than where I bought it)for the Oiler not working, turned out to be a bad oil cap, was not sealing properly.  Asked this counter guy about a service manual got a similar response; they were unsure if he could order a service manual for me.

I have service manuals for my 028, 361 and 460.  

Why is can I get a manual for my 461?

Did Sthil quit selling service manuals for their saws?

I am in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.  

Any help is appreciated.

Mark
The 460 service manual is good enough to take the 461 apart. The differences are few between them (in construction). There are some differences but not too many.

Ga_Boy

Thanks, it does not make sense that a Sthil dealer can not seem to order a service manual for a current model saw.

scsmith42

Hey Mark - good to see you posting!  When did you move to NC?

I too have a 461; great saw!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Ga_Boy

Hi Scott,

Moved down in January 2017.  Like living on the Blue Ridge much better than the DC area.

scsmith42

Quote from: Ga_Boy on July 07, 2018, 01:39:29 PM
Hi Scott,

Moved down in January 2017.  Like living on the Blue Ridge much better than the DC area.
I'll bet!  Let me know if you're ever headed to the Raleigh area.  Would love to meet and catch up.
Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!