iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ashtrol subsitute

Started by monkeyratmom, August 31, 2018, 05:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyratmom

Have looked at all the Ashtrol threads. I refused to buy it because it was so expensive. Low and behold, I saw where someone said it was a sodium carbonate material.

Well, I was looking for ways to get a sour smell out of my laundry because I totally forgot it for at least 24 hours.  One suggestion was Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda. It is sodium carbonate! Cheap and you can use it for all sorts of things like mopping floors, etc.   :D :D :D :D :D :D

We had some that had clumped hard from being left in the cabinet too long. Busted it up with a hammer. Gave it to my husband to throw in every day. Now I no longer worry about my CB 5036 being ruined because we are poor.

P.S. Washed the clothes with it, then vinegar, then baking soda. Lesson learned. They were foul because I have a front loader. Ordered some specialty hunting scent remover laundry detergent, going to use that next time (pretty sure there will be, but never that long) so I don't have to do three washes. A few drops of lavender essential oil in the baking soda gave a nice flowery scent. Me happy.
Home Security telemarketer:  Hi, we are offering free installation in your area through the end of the month, and we would . . .
Me, interrupting:  We have dogs and guns, we're good.

Thank You Sponsors!