iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

how to repair holes in water tank

Started by Polly, November 09, 2009, 08:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polly

:( 8) i have a 1500 gal water tank i use to haul water the underside of the tank is rusted with little pin holes in anyone got any sugestions in how to repair ::)

Stan snider

Ironwood

Roll it over and put pin holes at top ;D

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Jasperfield

Be it steel or polyethylene, pinholes indicate it's pretty well shot. You may be better off planning to replace it.

shinnlinger

There are products like Kreme which can coat the inards, but once you go through all the steps and expense you probably are better off just replacing it.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

LAZERDAN

Nonsense::    Empty tank.   go to big box store,   Buy polymar floor leveler,  pour it in and wha-la   Worked for us. Or ask Sherwin williams, You've got the world wide web @ your fijnger tips     Lazerdan  sigh in off     

WildDog

For standing gal tanks that rust out in the bottom we just throw dry neat cement (not mixed with sand or gravel) not sure how it would work for a transporting tank, when a gal tank has pin holes in the side to prolong it I stand back and throw dry cement at it till it takes up once again it wouldn't probably wotk on a mobil tank.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

fishpharmer

Welding a patch will probably hold up best on a steel mobile tank. Use mig or tig.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pineywoods

If it has pin holes in the bottom, you can bet it rusted through from the inside. Hit one of them holes with a welder and POOF you will have a much bigger hole.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!