iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newbie,newbie newbie

Started by edsaws, November 11, 2003, 08:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edsaws

Hi everyone, yes i'm a,newbie here.just wanted to say great forum from what i've read so far.i'm also a newbie to sawmilling as i haven't sawn anything just yet.also i'm a newbie to building a mill.its almost done and i'm a gettin the itch to make some saw dust. i've been wanting to build a mill for a few years now and as time and $$ permited its almost done.i'll attempt to post some pics as soon as i can to get your thoughts good or bad and some possible ideas i may not have thought of.anyway great site i wish i found it sooner :)

Paul_H

Welcome edsaws!

Don't be shy,post some pictures of your mill in progress.There are a few here that have built their own mills,and help will be along shortly.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Bigdogpc

Welcome to the forum!  The folks here are sure to jump in and help ya where they can.  Post yur pixs n ask away!

solidwoods

edsaws.

Welcome.  Everyone here is grinding up something, wood, metal, food.
You will find allot of info on Design/building a mill.
My suggest about mill building:
Design right down the middle of the road, build strong.
Their is no best mill design, just simplicity of build, and reliability.  Performance depends on what your business needs.
Since you have the ability to DIY, you can fabricate some of the other things that make sawmilling more efficient, like tables, trailer with loader, maybe even an edger.
Equip costs a bunch but steel is cheap.
Also check out
https://sawmill-exchange.com/
For used equip.
Stay in touch.
JIM
Ret. US Army
Kasco II B Band mill
Woodworking since 83
I mill & kiln dry lumber, build custom furniture, artworks, flooring, etc.
If you mill, you'll be interested in some of my work in one way or another.
We ship from our showroom.
N. Central TN.

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, Edsaws.  It is always great to get another person that likes to make sawdust.   8)
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!