iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cabin Addition

Started by Magicman, December 21, 2010, 10:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy White

Lynn,
Again, you have really outdone yourself!!  That room addition is FINE!! Every detail is complete, and well thought out down to the hardware on the door. It's like an old friend, they look good, and you can depend on them to "be there for you." All looks great, and we can't wait to see it in person. Like Austin's cabinets, pictures don't do justice to all the detail work. Nancy thinks the colors really look good together for the new additions she has for you and Pat. Looking forward to seeing you and Pat soon.      8) 8) 8)  Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

grweldon

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Martha White Nelson

Lynn, the cabin addition looks beautiful, and what a great place to retreat to.  Pat, your "find" is the perfect addition, and a great idea for the vanity.  It looks like it belonged there from the beginning.  Some day I hope to get up to y'alls place with Andy and Nancy.
Martha

Magicman

We are thinking that late September will be a nice time to host a Chickin Crispin.   :)  smiley_gossip digin_2
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Guess I'll be missing it again. I'll be back at work by then.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Then we might set another date.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

:) Appreciate the thought.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

plowboyswr

Just finished the 41 page read, and have to say... Wow!  Nice work Magic man I look forward to more. :)
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Mooseherder

Now it's time to relax and enjoy.  Very nice job. ;)

Martha White Nelson

Late September sounds like a great time.  That's usually when hurricanes hit us, so you might just see us swamp rats coming northeast!  lol! 
Martha

Magicman

We had our family July 4th long weekend at the Cabin and finally got to enjoy some of the fruits of our labors.

A couple of pictures showing the new lamps on the new Walnut nightstands.  There is a different rug on the floor, and also pictured is the very old bench that came from my Maternal Grandparent's home.

The living room (Addition) now has a red rug and a slightly different furniture arrangement.

grweldon

Good stuff!  Very much a home atmosphere!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

78NHTFY

Magic--what a nice job!  But I have to say, if that's a cabin, then my house is a HUT! :D :D :D.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Magicman

deadfall

Today I crossed the finish line!  It was a dyslexic's marathon.  Not the worlds most skilled reader, here.  It took me so long, and so many times I had something I wanted to say about this detail or that, but I also have a pretty sketchy short term memory.  So many things seemed to be important to say, and now, they're just gone.  My memory is just a memory.

Overall, wow!  Really nice work and plan.  I really like the play of different varieties of wood, new and old.  I thought the mantle with the metal shingle inlay was so nice.  No one was going to guess that addition ceiling ever, but you knew that.  Doggonit, I know I'm forgetting so much.  Trust me, all the lost-in-the-ethers comments were going to be positive. 

It was worth the read, Magicman.  Thank you.
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

thecfarm

That all seem to come together in a mighty nice looking way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Thank you deadfall for enduring the whole thing!!   smiley_dizzy

The last time I finished the Cabin "again" in June, I said that enough was enough and that it was finished.  Well, not so fast.  We are on schedule driving to the Pig Roast and have stopped for the evening in Sikeston, MO.  While driving today I envisioned a ~20'X24' open carport on the North side and attached to the living room addition.  I even know where the logs would come from to saw the framing lumber and I have a sawyer in mind that I would recommend to myself.   ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on July 27, 2015, 05:55:41 PM
Thank you deadfall for enduring the whole thing!!   smiley_dizzy
I said that enough was enough and that it was finished.  Well, not so fast. 

Didn't I tell you.  :D :D :D :D

See reply #728.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Nothing wrong with your memory.  Notice my response.   ;D

CaseyK

Just reviewed the 41 pages of post and just have to say: Magic Man you and your wife did an awesome job!!

Casey K
Home built automated twin blade

Magicman

Just a bit of unfinished business.

The new ½ bath door was originally the front door to my Grandparents home that was re-purposed.  The clear glass was to get some treatment when Pat found what she wanted.

She found this glass treatment that she really liked.

The theme is Magnolias.

WDH

Perfect.  Especially in Mississippi. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Andy White

Lynn,
I really like the door! I called Nancy to look, and she said that Pat has excellent taste in décor. I asked why, and she told me to go look in the kitchen, and front bath. It's only been four years, but I remember why I love that door.

She put the same pattern in the valance over the sink, and the glass doors in the vanity cabinets in the front bath!!    I can't wait to see them in person.  Good job!     Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Magicman

It also matches this;  LINK   :)

Czech_Made

Thanks a lot, Magicman, I got stuck reading all 42 pages this morning.  :)

There is way too many great ideas and nice touches to list them all , well done, sir!  smiley_thumbsup

Thank You Sponsors!