iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need some custom signs

Started by Raider Bill, September 01, 2011, 12:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

If memory serves me...... Someone on the forum makes signs, I think. Just can't remember who.......
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

paul case

i think it is busy beaver lumber.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Buck

Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Raider Bill

Thanks I sent him a PM.

Need some beware shooting range signs made up

Patty

So are you going to post the signs around the camo house for good measure?
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

No that would only direct attention to what now looks like a empty lot. :D :D :D
Actually I'm going to have some shooting range signs made for the Tenn prop. Prop behind me is for sale by a bank which I would prefer to remain vacant so maybe these signs will help a prospective buyer look elsewhere.  ;D ;D
My range is close to the property line and it gets loud sometimes.  ;)

Norm

So first the camo house and now this, you're safe from the neighbor of the year award.  :D

Mooseherder

Raider Bill

The past owner and I bought about the same time. She made it a point first chance she got to tell us she hated guns, noise, drinkers, Florida and Bikers and was going to run me out. Oh really! Jeesch Lady...... all things considered she forced me to put the gun range there just because she was a %#@$*  She wasn't from around there either and the locals didn't like her much because of her high and mighty big money attitude. They called her the Crazy Lady on the hill.
She put in a nice fence dividing our property but wasn't using the survey just had the fence put in where it was convenient to her meaning where a tree was she could nail to which was always from a few to 50 feet or more on my property. It didn't last long me having a bull dozer and all and not being that good with it........ I kept hitting it, and actually put a single strand of barbed wire across on of my trails which could have been fatal.
She was going to board horses but they kept getting out then she wanted us to help her catch them. Me, horses scare me since I was thrown from on in front of Kmart when I was little, my foot got caught in the thing you put you feet in. I could have really been hurt but luckily someone unplugged it from the wall outlet before it ran away with me trapped. No matter I was scarred for life as far as horses  were concerned.

Almost daily she was knocking on my door well at first it was my tent to tell me I was cutting too many trees, making too much noise and had some shady characters hanging around. She actually pointed out one of my friends who just happens to be a retired New York State Police Major with a Masters degree as one of the shady ones [ if she only knew] :D. He not being known as a wallflower ripped her in every direction verbally but in a nice way, you know...nice.....
Anyway the banks foreclosed on her recently and me not really wanting a repeat of her living there I'm putting up some signs along the easement that runs along the side of my land sort of where the range is.  As I get older my patience level is dropping.

I'm really a nice guy ask any of my Ex Wives 8)

I have my own idea of neighborhood watch ;)

Cedarman

Good neighbors shoot guns. ;D ;D  We have good neighbors.
Raider Bill, you just might get some good neighbors if you post those signs.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

LeeB

Be sure and put range markers on the back side. That'l worry them some too.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

toploader Ford

The local Isaac Walton League has had a shootin range for as long as I remember.  The farm next to it got sold and got busted up into 3 to 10 acre lots.  The lots sold, houses built, and you guessed it, they didn't like all the shootin. They tried closing the range down without any luck.  They sure knew it was there before they bought the land and built.

sandhills

RB, if you ever get the notion of owning land in Nebraska, buy some by me, I think we'd get along just fine.

customsawyer

Bill I was thinking of contacting that bank and checking on that property but not now. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

paul case

you dont need shooting range signs.....you need this sign

coming soon
Tyson Foods Broiler Production Facility.

;D  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Kansas

Post one that says,

"If you like beer, booze, bikers, bullets, BBQ, come on over!"

Dan_Shade

haha, I'm thinking I'd add a "and have (starts with a B, has two of them, and O's in the middle)" to that list.

While you're going for broke, you might as well do it right
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

shinnlinger

buddy of mine made the exact same signs, but he just painted "SHOOTING RANGE" in BIG letters on 4x8 sheets of plywood along his property line....
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

isawlogs

Bill. get a morgage from that bank and flat out buy her out, save on the pâint and signs    ;D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dan_Shade

back where I grew up a fella had a sign that said "trespassers will be shoot"    I always figured that they meant it, based on the spelling :-)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Don_Papenburg

I was thinking along them lines ,'cept then you just move the property line /idiot problem a little farther from the shootin range .
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

clww

You could get some other signs like, "Coming Soon..... Regional Landfill".
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Don_Papenburg

Bill,  I was at the KMart today, in Pontiac .  They have a more user friendly wheel loader with a coin box . so I related the tail of your trama to my wife . She wanted to know what a grown man was doing on the kiddie ride.  ;D
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Raider Bill

I was a youngster then. Only cost a nickel to ride.

I wish I had the $$$ to buy all her land and house. She spent $9K in the kitchen sink alone having it imported from some distant land.

70 acres of it she had it clear bulldozed not 2 but 3 times taking all the top soil completely off.[

quote author=customsawyer link=topic=52707.msg760920#msg760920 date=1315081693]
Bill I was thinking of contacting that bank and checking on that property but not now. ;D
[/quote]

Buy it Jake you have seen it we'd be neighbors!

I have a offer on 16 acres of her ex  86 acres of land leaving [ if I get it] 70 acres divided between 2 different banks. The house sits on 10 of them and if sold separately from the rest would have to use the easement along my property to get to it.
Hopefully my bid will be excepted. If not does anyone know where I can buy a canon?  ;) ;) Maybe one that shoots beer can sized projectiles I seem to have a lot of casings that size. 8)

Banjo picker

I do know of such a cannon ..if its still availiable...I was looking at it and the fellow said it shoots beer cans...I replied that they wouldn't much damage, and he said they will if you fill them with concrete...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Thank You Sponsors!