iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobile sawmill in Northern Virgina or MD west of DC

Started by mlebauer, September 30, 2012, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlebauer

Have a very large tulip poplar down that I'd like cut into landscape timbers for building a retaining wall. Neighbor may cut down more trees that might use too.

Live in Potomac MD, just across river from Northern VA DC area, east of Poolesville. Who is in the area with a mobile sawmill that would do that?

POSTON WIDEHEAD

mlebaur.....Click on "member map" at the top of the page. It'll take you to a map where you can zoom onto your area and can find a member who is close. Send them a PM to see if they are portable.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

mlebauer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 30, 2012, 03:59:30 PM
mlebaur.....Click on "member map" at the top of the page. It'll take you to a map where you can zoom onto your area and can find a member who is close. Send them a PM to see if they are portable.
Ok, thanks! I sent a few PMs to nearby members per the map, hopefully someone can respond.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mlebauer.

You are planning to use Poplar for landscape timbers and a retaining wall ??   I hope that you are planning something different than what I am thinking. 

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. :)
I am wondering the same as the Magic Man, too.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

beenthere

Also, Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Might this be just for a temporary wall?
Any kind of treatment planned?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!