iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my 2 klutz moves for the day.

Started by ozarkgem, October 06, 2014, 07:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

I have been finishing the inside of a barn with metal. lots of windows doors and electric to cut around. I hadn't made any mistakes cutting the metal until the very LAST piece. I cut it backwards. I was upset! I had to use pieces to finish it out.
   Then I hooked up my trailer and put the spare tire on the triangle part of the hitch with the intention of bolting it down. Well I got side tracked and took off across the pasture and heard a big thump and knew what it was . I slammed on the brakes and opened the door just as the tire rolled up the side of the truck and slammed into the door. Old age is great.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

drobertson

sounds like a hunting break is in order.  everyone needs to slow down once in a while! ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

ozarkgem

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

ozarkgem

Quote from: drobertson on October 06, 2014, 07:41:20 PM
sounds like a hunting break is in order.  everyone needs to slow down once in a while! ;D
on a different subject how is the house project coming along? Do you have more lumber to saw for it?

yukon cornelius

Ozarkgem, that's all in a regular day around here! old age isn't all of it here! I think its more high mileage...
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

petefrom bearswamp

Ozark
Just another old age OOPS!
I haven't done one in a week or so now.
Can get expensive tho.
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

goose63

Quote from: ozarkgem on October 06, 2014, 07:44:31 PM
I might fall out of the stand. LOL
ozarkjem that's why I sit in the pickup ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

ozarkgem

Quote from: goose63 on October 07, 2014, 06:28:55 PM
good idea and with the heat on also

Southside

It's always the last one, I swear there is a "Last One" monster lurking around out there, its related to the hydraulic "Hose monster" us guys with processors encounter.   I don't know how many times I have said I will "just grab one last tree" for the day and the poop hits the fan, looks like the monster knows no geographic bounds.  At least the tire came off while you were still in a field and not on the highway!!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

r.man

Ozark, you say old age is great but your age isn't on your profile. Am I great too? Maybe I have to wait a few years to be great or have I been great for a while?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

ozarkgem

Quote from: r.man on October 08, 2014, 07:23:09 PM
Ozark, you say old age is great but your age isn't on your profile. Am I great too? Maybe I have to wait a few years to be great or have I been great for a while?
I will be 63 the 30th of this month.

thecfarm

I must of been old in my teens.  ::)    :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

Quote from: ozarkgem on October 07, 2014, 07:50:11 PM
Quote from: goose63 on October 07, 2014, 06:28:55 PM
good idea and with the heat on also
don't forget the windshield wipers and the radio  :D :D

scleigh

They say the first 50 years of  childhood are the hardest.....

r.man

Well Ozark, maybe my mistakes are due to genetics or the water. I see you missed my birthday by a day. My siblings complain that I ruined Halloween for them one year.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Sixacresand

Ozarkgem, Some of us tend to be less smart when we get tired and/or hot.  I call it being "hot stupid".  I don't seem to be able to overcome it.   :D 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

ozarkgem

Quote from: Sixacresand on October 09, 2014, 08:44:47 AM
Ozarkgem, Some of us tend to be less smart when we get tired and/or hot.  I call it being "hot stupid".  I don't seem to be able to overcome it.   :D
I shall steal the hot stupid line. sounds good to me.

ozarkgem

Quote from: r.man on October 09, 2014, 08:31:26 AM
Well Ozark, maybe my mistakes are due to genetics or the water. I see you missed my birthday by a day. My siblings complain that I ruined Halloween for them one year.
Halloween demanded I be born the day before. I was too scary.

Thank You Sponsors!