iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

I was about to. Was going to use my sheetrock hanger, but SIL and my daughter showed up. ;D

Pictures of said island. We all love pictures. :D

Was going to hit another wall, but it is storming here, coming down in buckets. :( And yes, again tonight, tomorrow. :(

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Good job on the island counter top!  

fishfighter

Got another wall done today. ;D

Anyway, I been thinking a lot about the island weight. Between the island itself and the slab, the weight is over 500 lbs and a good chance over 600lbs. Problem I am thinking about is that over time with the small foot print of the island, it would sag the floor. :o

So, I came up with a plan to put another footing, a concrete pier and a 8'x 8"x8" beam directly under the island just for insurance. ;D I have everything on hand, so why not? Better to feel safe then sorry later. 8)

Another thing. I need to go see member Cypress man. He lives about 20 miles from me. last time I visit him, he has all the super cool tools a man would want. He happens to have a very sweet molder. I am going to see what he will charge me to mold up some crown molding out of oak for the other rooms. ;D Going to try in get up there tomorrow. ;D

LeeB

I really like the cabinets and paneling. The simplistic style along with the reveals really set it off and looks great. I guess you would call it shaker style?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

Some what a Shaker. ;D

Got another wall done. Oh, the knees, but all is good. ;D

That has all the living room wainscoting done. 8)

Started hanging the chair rail on that same wall. Same wood, just not sprayed yet.

The rail is made that the base plate up against the wall 3/4"x 2 1/4". The top plate is the same. The wainscoting sticks out about 3/8" from the sheetrock. So that cuts down on how much the top plate over hangs. I like it and so does the wife. ;D

fishfighter

Been kind of moving slow. DanG neck. >:( I did a road trip to Cypress man. He was just a sawing away. ;D Of course he was just sitting back in the control room, flipping the stick controller with two unloaders working their butts off. :D What a operation. First class. 8) Anyway, he is just to busy and as he said, he only deals with cypress. ;D I don't blame him. ;D He gave me a guys name that lives close to me that just might be able to help me out. ;D Going to try and go see this person next week. 8)

Now a report on what little work I got done. :( Got all chair rail hung. ;D Even got the windows in the living room boxed in along with the kitchen window. ;D

Dang phone will just not take a good picture when there is a lot of light. >:( This was the best I could do.

Yard work in the morning and then if I'm up to it, I am going back up on the roof and spray another coat of roof sealer. I have 4 more 5 gallon buckets, why not use them. ;D The wife will help me and be my ground person, I hope. :D :D

fishfighter

Got everything in the living room varnish. ;D Just have to get the area outside the bed rooms/ bath to varnish. I have to go buy a third gallon. :o  SIL will be coming to sand out the front bed room ceiling. With my neck, I just can't look up. >:(

So, today I will be hitting up Home Depot for varnish and it time to buy a bunch of plugs and light switches. Also, I will be picking up some ceiling pan lights.

Of course some things just don't make the cut. I have to move a ceiling light run in the kitchen area that suppose to be direct over the island. Oh well. When one doesn't have a set of house plans, one is going to make these little mistakes. :D This is the second line I had to move. ;D There will be a pot rack/lighting that will be installed over the island that I am in the stages of building it. Of course it will be wood/steal built. ;D

fishfighter

Just about finish all electrical work in the living/kitchen area. Got a power buy on some LED flush mount ceiling lights. I had installed 4 of them in the corners of the living room. These are 75W, dimmable lights. Full contact with insulation. ;D Was very easy to install them. Just cut a hole, drop your wire down. Hook that up and then slip the light up. There are two spring loaded clips that hold it in place. It's a all in one fixture. They cost $19.99 each and then I get a 10% discount on top of that. ;D A lot cheaper then buying a pan, light bulb and trim. ;D

Got a ceiling fan/light fixture to install in the living room and two more of those LED lights to install in the kitchen and then I am done. Will just have some small trimming to do. ;D

Magicman

It's good to see you keeping on keeping on.  We need to be thinking about another trip down your way.  :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Lynn, stop in any time.

The wife and I did a full clean out this morning. She broke out the shop Vac. ;D From there, we hit a clean sweep around the outside. I did do a round up spray yesterday. We have a bunch of rain coming. :(

Back on those LED lights. I liked them so much, we made a road trip and picked up a few more. Heck, I will be replacing a few ceiling lights in my house. ;D

Tomorrow with the rain coming, I really have to do our taxes along doing our son's. Just something I been putting off that every time I think about it, it just kicks my butt.

On a side note. I did call my doctor about my neck. He sent in a order to another doctor for another injection. First one helped a little and hoping the second helps a lot.

Hey Lynn. If you plan a trip after Easter, I will try to get some Crawfish and boil them bugs. Right now they are just crazy sky high. After Easter, the prices drop big time. ;D

Magicman

Paul,  I have a couple of fairly large sawing jobs that have crept in on me, but I'm sure that we can make something work.

fishfighter

Sounds good.

Got out and redid the Kitchen lights. What a pain in the back side removing those electric jumper boxes that set even with sheetrock. :o Hag to do that to install some LED lights. That clean up things. ;D

Still have to work on the island light.

fishfighter

Been doing some more electric work. Bad thing, my son had ran a bunch of lines in the box without marking them. :( So, what I did to trace them was hook up a 12V battery and charged up the system. Just about have all lines marked. Hope to finish that today.

Darrel

That sounds like a good idea. 12v don't bite to hard. 
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

fishfighter

Happy Easter to all.

Finished tracing all lines. Looking forward to getting more done this week coming. ;D

LeeB

Great idea with the battery. I have a bunch of lines I need to trace. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fishfighter

12V will trip a 20 amp, 120V breaker. It just takes a few minutes. Really didn't know that, but I had one line that kept tripping the breaker. >:( Was a line that feeds the kitchen lights. Come to find out, I had a new light switch that was grounding out when I turn it on. >:(

Didn't do anything with the house today. Got on the sawmill. That turn out real bad that all mistakes were mine. :D Oh well. :D And yes, it's going to hurt the pocket  book. :o

fishfighter

Recouping a bit, I did start building that pot rack and a light fixture. Going to be a one of a kind. :D Biggest hard thing about this is the bracing above. Things are getting heavy. :o 

fishfighter

Well, here it is. The rack has more work to be done on it. The light fixture light blubs are LED and they are hooked up on a dimmer switch.

Total cost, under $50 which includes the light bulbs. ;D

Magicman

That rocks Paul.  You said "one of a kind" and you hit the mark.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup

fishfighter

Thanks Lynn. ;D Hope all is well your way. Just came from the back and patched that hole in the ceiling and other spots that need to be done. Still kind of dragging. :( The wife made me call it a day. :o

fishfighter

Been chilling the last week. :( Friday's blood work wasn't all that great. :o Anyway, got that second heck shot done yesterday. Was kind of hung over this morning, but got out for a good walk. Even the pop was happy. ;D

I did go slap on some mud on a couple spots in the kitchen area were I had moved a few things. The wife said she will put a lite sanding on these areas tomorrow. :D Just ain't going to happen. ;) Anyway, I will get to it in a couple days. 8)

Magicman

You have 'bout flooded out today.   :o

Thank You Sponsors!