iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Life is good

Started by Texas Ranger, October 03, 2015, 06:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Dog and I are on our own, Sue is New York city on a 50 year class reunion.

I have a pot of FF beans on the stove, lots of pork, shrimp, and steak in the frig.  Stump water at hand.  Will be eating higher on the hog next week at the Blue Duck Restaurant, a new place Danny would appreciate.  Maybe at the Farmhouse Restaurant, on the lake, another place Danny would like. 

Only problem is DanG quite and a little shy of company, best friends are off on their various explores and I am left to my own devices.  Lots of work in the shop, some in the woods, deer season coming up, weather cooling down, and the woods are fine.

wonder what the rich folk are doing?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

GAB

Since life is uncertain I think you should start with dessert.  Therefor I believe that your pyramid is upside down.  Also around here we have been known to put maple syrup on vanilla ice cream.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

red

I thought Texas Rangers were always.  . .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Sounds like some good places to dine since I was there.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

r.man

One time I dropped in to see my father while my mother was away visiting her sisters for a few days. For years my mother had been cooking with a non stick frying pan and minimizing the amount of fat that either of them consumed, drying bacon with paper towel etc. My father came late to marriage in his late thirties and was almost a confirmed bachelor who definitely knew what he liked to eat and how to cook it. That morning he was cooking eggs in a cast iron frying pan that still had an abundant amount of bacon grease in it and he was spooning the hot grease from the pan to the top of the eggs, effectively cooking them from both sides. It certainly smelled good and he didn't offer to share any. My point is that besides food choices the method of cooking can be interesting when you are on your own. Maybe you should be deep frying some things or barbecuing your pie, with barbecue sauce.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Texas Ranger

Quote from: GAB on October 03, 2015, 07:33:16 PM
Since life is uncertain I think you should start with dessert.  Therefor I believe that your pyramid is upside down.  Also around here we have been known to put maple syrup on vanilla ice cream.
Gerald

I have been known to do that, how ever, found vanilla liquor and found a new pleasure.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: red on October 03, 2015, 07:55:40 PM
I thought Texas Rangers were always.  . .

We are, we are.

thecfarm

Bring it on,Texas Ranger,bring it on. Looks like my kind of triangle.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Just Me

Two things I miss about Texas. Barbecue and decent Mexican food.

That food triangle may kill you, but what a way to go!

Larry

WV Sawmiller

Tex,

Be sure not to clean up the house too good before Mama gets home or she will be suspicious. Make her feel needed.

We went to my wife's 40 year reunion a few years ago. Them people did not look the same as when my wife went to school there. I didn't know but one or two since I never went to school there but I had them off balance because I'd introduce myself and say "You remember me, I'm Howard" and remind them I sat right behind them in Mrs. Brown's history class." That had them going for a while.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sixacresand

Stay healthy: Only eat half of that pee-can pie slice.   :D   All the rest looks yummy!
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Raider Bill

I have the same problem. Alone on the Billarosa till next Saturday night. Just Chubie and I. Nobody to pick a proper diet for me so it's basic survival from the freezer and fridge. Life is good.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

red

Maybe a little freezer water
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

4x4American

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on October 04, 2015, 10:48:39 AM
Tex,

Be sure not to clean up the house too good before Mama gets home or she will be suspicious. Make her feel needed.

We went to my wife's 40 year reunion a few years ago. Them people did not look the same as when my wife went to school there. I didn't know but one or two since I never went to school there but I had them off balance because I'd introduce myself and say "You remember me, I'm Howard" and remind them I sat right behind them in Mrs. Brown's history class." That had them going for a while.

Haha that sounds just like something I'd do!  I love funning around with people like that just gets me right goin by gosh!
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!