iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delivery and Pickup

Started by Joed, April 03, 2016, 07:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joed

Yesterday I delivered my TK1600 to it's new owner in New Lebanon, NY. Spent a couple hours showing him how to operate it. He was a happy man. Then I continued up to Keeseville, NY to Timberking Northeast. Bill had my new TK2200 waiting. We went over the setworks, as it is different then the one I had on the TK1600. This one happened to have a debarked on it. I'm also a happy man.
Both mills are very well made, the TK1600 did it's job extremely well. I just needed to step up a notch. The TK2200 was available  at a very reasonable price with 9 hours on it. After running it through it's paces, it was evident that I made the right decision.

Joe
Valley Big Green Monster

Dave Shepard

Congrats on the new mill! You weren't very far from me in New Lebanon. Only about 9 miles from the B3 exit in Canaan.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Joed,

Congratulations to you and to the guy who got your old mill. I am sure you are both very happy.

Might be an interesting thread to start to see how many people have upgraded from their original mill (Or maybe downgraded - could have happened).
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

bkaimwood

Bigger IS ALWAYS better...I'm a bit jealous, I admit...when deciding on a mill, the 2200 was a frontrunner... The throat size is awesome!!!
bk

Magicman

Congrats on the new upgrade.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodman58

Congrats on the upgrade. I have6 to 8 weeks before my new TK2200 is finished. I also added the debarker and dragback. Can't wait.
i LOVE THE SMELL OF SAW DUST IN THE MORNING.
Timberking 2200

killamplanes

Congrat tk makes a nice simply machine getter hot!!!!
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Brucer

Joe, I did just what you did. It's exactly 10 years ago today that I dropped off my old mill with its new (and happy owner). I carried on to the dealer's location, spent the night in a motel, and picked up my new mill the next. Fond memories for sure ;D.

My first mill was only a year old. As I was heading off with my new mill, the dealer asked if they'd be seeing me again the following year. :D :D
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Quebecnewf

I did the same thing about 20 years ago ( Don,t seem that long but then I look in the mirror) . I had a Manual mill from Enercraft ( now Baker) . It was all manual but. I traded for same type but with hyd drive on saw head. Best move I ever made. With the smaller run of logs I saw handleing the logs is. It much of an issue but pushing and pulling the head back and forth was tiresome. Pushing not do much but pulling it back was hard on the arm
Quebecnew

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, Joe and finding a good home for the 1600.

Is the guy who got the 1600 a Forestry Forum member?
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Joed

Chuck, he is not a member

He lives off the grid up on a side of a mountain. He has his own little world up there. A cell phone is his contact to the outside when not at work. Other than that the chain is up, NO TRESPASSING!!
Valley Big Green Monster

ladylake

Congratulations on your new mill, if I ever wear out my B20 most likely will be my replacement.  Huge capacity on the new 2200 mills. 39" between the post, 33"between the guide rollers, blade 36" above the deck with 16" clearance above the blade.  It could cut a odd shaped log  39"   x  52".   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!