iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CNC Digital Wood Carver got a much needed upgrade today

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, December 15, 2016, 07:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

We after 4 years, the mid range Craftsman router used on my CNC bit the dust. It was not a quick and painless death, but rather one characterized by much screeching and grunting, until alas it took its last revolution and final locked up solid. Can not really complain. I would guess that I got close to 700 hours of run time out of the old router.

So i took this opportunity to upgrade to the Porter Cable 892 router. Did a few signs with it today and the quality was excellent. Got her off Amazon for $160. Very nice router. Very simple to change. Took 5 minutes to change out old one and install new one, and cam lever in front activates spindle lock on porter cable just like it did on Craftsman

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

yukon cornelius

Very nice. We are very new into the CNC arena and started with a harbor freight trim router for undet $20. We got it running around d thanksgiving and early last week we had 157 hours on it. If I am in the shop it is running. It is about time to replace the router already. Dust collection is coming soon as well.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Kbeitz

We gotta see more pictures of these machines...
And more info...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!