iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arkansawyer Sighted!!

Started by Jeff_Green, April 07, 2002, 04:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff_Green

:D :D  Well, I finally got to see a legend yesterday when I went to the Big Orange get-together  in Mt. Vernon Missouri ...... To tell you all the truth I had been wondering whether this man really did cut 2000 bf of oak a day (all 5/4) - or if he might be accidently counting both sides of the boards ..... Well, he showed up driving a spotless late model flatbed truck sporting a beautiful wife and even had a perfectly stacked load of freshly cut cedar on the back - he looked more like a pro baseball player than anything ..... I kept my eye on him and stayed close enough to hear in case he dropped any pearls of wisdom.  Sure enough after about 30 minutes he had a crowd of 10 or 15 people around him asking him all about sawing and he was drawing out the best cuts on the end of a log!! - Even after the food arrived the people stayed listening to him until he finally got up and went to get a bite to eat ........ Then when they were giving out door prizes he won a Woodmizer toy Mill - how fitting!!! ...... Glad to meet you Arkansawyer!!! ..... Jeff       (Oh,  I figured out he was actually telling the truth about the 2000 bf per day!!! - His secret is that he just works harder and smarter than most !!!) ;)

Bibbyman

Hay Jeff,   we talked but I guess you didn't make the Bibbyman connection - being too busy following the Arkansawyer around.  

8)

Here's Mary 'splanin' things to Janet Goddard from WM while Renee Barns (Mrs. Arkansawyer) and April looks on.

Are you in this picture? :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Texas Ranger

Bibbyman, are t hose purty gals all your saw helpers?  If so, I left Missouri to soon and for all the wrong reasons!
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ARKANSAWYER

Hey! That's me standing a head above the rest.  (I was standing on a Orange log)  It is more fun to have a nice looking tailer at the end of your saw when sawing.   8) 8)  I think my wife was trying to start a Sawyers Wives Support Group.
  It was a good show and the LT 70 should prove to be a high production portable machine.
  I was glad to meet as many as I could and to talk with them.  We look forward to this event evey year and it is a good place for all of you mid-west sawyers to get together (even if you have a different mill) and swap sawdust stories and put a face with the name.  (in Bibbyman's case that may not be a good thing :D)
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff_Green

:D :D  Yes Bib!! .... I'm The guy directly blocking Arkansawyer ....... The one who has not missed many meals lately!!! ......  I need to see a pic of you so I can put a face with your name!! ..... Jeff

Bibbyman

Hay Jeff,

Fire off this link to the album of pictures I took that day (except one taken by a young lady in Aurara).  Page through to picture 18.   I'm the distinguished one in the middle with the Key Bibbies on.   ;)

http://www.cartogra.com/home/ViewMyAlbum.asp?coll_id=1495805

Maybe I got a picture of your front side? :o
Sawing since '94

Jeff_Green

:D :D  Hi Bibblyman!! .... I saw your picture and I do remember talking to you!! .... And now I remember that you have a wife who likes sawing as much or more than you do!! (That must be Mary!!) ..... I had a great time the other day and look forward to buying one of those orange toys so I can be part of such an auspicious group!!! ...... My first load has been in the kiln for 5 days and is making lots of water - Is there any part of this business I won't like???? .... Jeff   ..... (I need a cool name like you guys have .... any ideas???)

Paul_H

Jeff
You're new to sawing,you're enthusiastic.(Show me).How about "Greenhorn"? 8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Bibbyman

Well,  being in the Branson area,  you could be Baldknober or The Silver Dollar City Kid.  Or how about Mr. Greenjeans?  ;D

Sorry I didn't make the connection,  we'd had lots more to talk about.

B.T.W.  Mary has about taken over the management and operation of the business.  She does far more sawing than me at this time.  In fact,  I've only "logged" about 5 hours sawing time on our new mill since late January when we installed it.  I've been in charge of material handling,  traffic control, facility planning, installing new equipment, etc.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

QuoteIs there any part of this business I won't like???? .... Jeff   ..... (I need a cool name like you guys have .... any ideas)

OK, what the hell is wrong with Jeff? The Green part may be a little questionable, but the first part, well, Id keep it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Bud Man

I believe I'd get away from that name Jeff... Too common, Maybe "SouriSawyer" or "Green Sawyer" or  "MissouMan"
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

ARKANSAWYER

Jeff,
  What about "GreenWood"?  Jeff is pretty common and hard to spell. :D   Lots of water is a good sign but the proof will be when you take it out and can use it.  I have been trying to get to where I can go to Memphis in May for the Doc's class on messing up wood.  So much to do and so little to do it with.  
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bud Man

Arkansawyer, I missed out on the April drying course that Dr Wengert was to teach and am considering the May course myself.  Have you signed up yet?  Also probably going to join National Hardware Lumberman's Association and If I do the course is discounted a little !!  
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

ARKANSAWYER

Budman,
  I have not as yet as I am trying to get some things lined out here.  It is not looking good as it is raining 2 to 3 days a week here.  I just have to get more done with the daylight that I have.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

Jeff Green,

I like:

Slabby
Slabber
Slabhappy
Showmegreen (Mo ref?)
Notabibby
sawdusted
kerfking
kingkerf
bandboy
millrat
Dorthy

Bibbyman

I've always said:

Call me anything but just don't call me late for supper! :o

Sawing since '94

Jeff

Speaking of which, I am having something mm good for supper tonight. I posted the recipe in the Knowledge base ages ago. Jeff's Kabasi soup. (Smoked sausage soup). Cant wait. I am out putting poly on my slab table right now. 70 degrees! Wahoo!

Tom

Jeff

Nuff ta feed the Forum. Great big pot. To bad this aint smellenet. mmm  :)

Ron Scott

Looks good!. Is that venison smoked sausage? Send some out to the 8 Point Lake job with Jake tomorrow. I'll be there for lunch.
~Ron

Jeff

Nope, aint Venison. :-[

Pack a camp stove cause itsa comin!

Bud Man

Set another plate, I'm on my way.  Hope winter is over in Michiganderland !! :o

Jeff

I dunno if its over but the sledding got bad.  Sure sign of Spring though, 6 inches of dog poop in the back yard is now visible. :D

You show up and I'll feed ya, sorry to say though, there are no peas in da soup.

Jeff

Uhh, I just read back over my message, and I did not mean to imply you get whats in the backyard.   ;)  Were eating soup if ya show someday, if not this batch will make some more.

Thank You Sponsors!