iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS380 power bogging down in top end

Started by bandyfro, November 27, 2017, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandyfro

Hi friends, I'm a newby to the forum. I have an MS380. It was just serviced by the dealer but from the first time I used it after the service it has run really poorly. The problem is with the top end power, it bogs down and splutters terribly. Is it poorly tuned? If it is just the tuning then I can probably figure it out myself but otherwise I suppose I will have to take it back to the shop and spend even more $ on it. Thanks
The Axe

limbwood

kinda sounds like it is running to rich on the high side.

johnny newburgh

If you just had it serviced I would bring it back and ask them check it out. If there was something wrong with saw from the beginning they should have told you it needed something? Maybe it is a little rich like Limbwood said but i would let them adjust it so they can set with tachometer good luck

joe_indi

This has been a 'traditional' issue right from the 038 onwards.
The choke shutter is in the airfilter, held back by a small spring. In the process of cleaning, chances are the free end of the spring has come free of the groove, causing the shutter to be free of any resistance. When you rev at full throttle the vacuum  at the carb draws the shutter upwards to close the carb as in choke. Remove your hand from the throttle the choke shutter swings  back opening the carb again.
Solution: split the airfilter, position the choke shutter spring into its groove and close the air filter .

630red

check what Joe said,and make sure your fuel is fresh

HolmenTree

The spring usually get stretched and weak with age.
Splitting the filter halves with a scrench so you can clean them easier sometimes can damage the shutter spring.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

bandyfro

Joe, you are a wise man. You were absolutly correct.
The Axe

joe_indi

Thank You Sponsors!