iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Georgia Sawing project 2018

Started by customsawyer, January 21, 2018, 07:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weekend_Sawyer

Actually I was thinking of doing just that.

We have a ride we call the pilgrimage where we ride down skyline drive and the blue ridge parkway and then make our way over to Tybee Island near Savannah Stopping in Springfield to visit our mother and grandparents grave on the way. I'll map it out and see what we can do.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

customsawyer

Well even if you don't make it for the project let me know when you do that ride. I'll ride over on my bike and buy you lunch in Springfield area. I used to plant lots of pines over in that area.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Springfield is just a couple of waggles of a goat's tail away. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on January 26, 2018, 05:39:30 AM
Well even if you don't make it for the project let me know when you do that ride. I'll ride over on my bike and by you lunch in Springfield area. I used to plant lots of pines over in that area.

Don't hold your breath Jon. Jake has said he was coming by my house several times........
now we have an ( old saying ) around our house.....
"Where's Jake?".   :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

NewEngland has some nice bike riding starting in the spring through fall :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

E-Tex

where do people stay for this "Project"?
is there an RV park or campground near?
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

customsawyer

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on January 26, 2018, 08:58:25 AM
Quote from: customsawyer on January 26, 2018, 05:39:30 AM
Well even if you don't make it for the project let me know when you do that ride. I'll ride over on my bike and by you lunch in Springfield area. I used to plant lots of pines over in that area.

Don't hold your breath Jon. Jake has said he was coming by my house several times........
now we have an ( old saying ) around our house.....
"Where's Jake?".   :D

I have been by your place a few times. Just never had time to stop.

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

customsawyer

There is a camp ground about about 20 miles south. There is several hotels by the interstate just 6 miles north. I have some room for a few campers if they are self contained.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

Martha and I are coming.  We will bring the BBQ.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

caveman

I plan to attend and hopefully bring JMoore but will have to wait a while to confirm. 
Caveman

Andries

From the 'Another Project' in 2016
I believe that is Yellowhammer's wife Martha, with two (names anybody?) talented musicians as bookends.
This year, I see that YH is bringing the BBQ, such a good plan.
He must've heard of the "BBQ controlled explosion" of '16
Good times!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

slider

Robert the project would not be the same without Martha. You are a lucky man.
al glenn

Magicman

Another project.  Guess who plays the "butt fiddle"??

WDH on Bass.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there to harass Poston and everyone with the drone ;D.   
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Andries

Quote from: Magicman on February 11, 2018, 01:35:27 PM
Another project.  Guess who plays the "butt fiddle"??
:)  :D  :)
Some sights are not to be missed.
. . . and some others  ... , well . . .
:-X
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on February 11, 2018, 01:51:43 PM
Good Lord willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there to harass Poston and everyone with the drone ;D.

I have a Drone License now and a Recipe Book for Drones.  musteat_1

Southside

The musical skills you guys have is admirable.  I have said for a long time that someday I want to learn to play the guitar - honestly though holding a tune in a bucket is beyond a long shot for me. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Resonator

Oh my my, looky that pitcher! Ben-Joe and Amanda Lynn! :o
Was they a playin'.......BLUEGRASS?! ???
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

GAB

Quote from: Southside logger on February 11, 2018, 05:04:09 PM
The musical skills you guys have is admirable.  I have said for a long time that someday I want to learn to play the guitar - honestly though holding a tune in a bucket is beyond a long shot for me.

Call Leader Evaporator in Swanton, VT at 802-868-5444 and you can order some genuine sap buckets and then you will have something to carry a tune in.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Southside

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D You ain't right GAB.  :D :D :D

Deese

Count me in, plus one other person. I'm sharpening blades and ain't counted so someone help me. I can't count much higher than 10 
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Thank You Sponsors!