iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's the Use???

Started by Coon, March 27, 2005, 09:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Hey there everyone.  This post is to forworn anybody who goes on the woodweb site.  Here's the issue:   I have been going on that site for a couple of weeks and started to notice that hardly anyone has even been reading my posts and those who did weren't at all nice to me about certain things.   One instance on there is that there is hardly anyone on there that likes Woodmizer's at all.  Any chance they get they will BASH you just right off of the site.   Atleast that is what they did to me.  I left on my own good will before I got kicked off it completely for arguing.   Who needs their forum anyhow.  Forestry Forum has 10 times the people, 20 times the information,  and 110% friendlier environment. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Tom

Yep, your welcome here Coon.

Don't know how we ended up with so many good people?  It seems that the good and friendly posts you see elswhere are just our people slumming around. :D

EZ

Some of them guys over there, wait up all night for an argument.
I dont think there is any mill out there that saws bad lumber, some just saw a little faster than others. ;D
EZ

Faron

Do we have to send Arkansawyer over there again?  He used to straighten things out.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Coon

I think that we should send Arkansawyer over there to straighten them up just for the sake of doing so.   I don't know what is up with them there, putting it mildly, but it sure didn't give me a good impression of the whole site let alone the people on their.   I have seen Arkansawyer's posts on there a few times so I know he still goes there.  Let em have it......

Cedarman

Over the years, I have posted quite a bit there and in only one instance did I get a slightly sarcastic response. I had asked about gluing sandpaper together and one person said don't be cheap, just buy new.  But I have always been treated well there.  I do not find it as useful for my purposes as I used to though.

All mills will saw well, some mills have not trained their operator yet.
I can make my WM saw ski slopes in a heartbeat.

Coon, maybe a note to their administration with your feelings are in order.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

MemphisLogger

The administration is the problem, cedarman  :D

If your posts aren't in line with "conventional" wisdom, they will be berated if not deleted.

I always say convention is just there to show you where the new ideas are needed  ;) 
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

leweee

Coon .....what did you think of the" Wood Doctor" ??? ::) smiley_roller smiley_roller
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Paul_H

I sure hope it doesn't get personal.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Coon

Leweee,  I think the wood doc is fine but it's just alot of the other people there.  Gene has alot of useful info and everyone can learn from him.   I just do not have alot of use for ignorant people.   I do not come to these sites for ignorance and piheadedness.  If I wanted that all I would have to do is go to town.  I come on these sites for usefull info that could help to better my business at some point.

fstedy

COON
You will find a wealth of friendly information here. As you continue to come here you will make many new friends. At times you will see a little cutting up but  it's all in good fun and friendly. That other site does's at times have some very useful information usually slanted toward kiln drying. If it's sawmill or processing info you seek this is the place to be. You will find yourself logging on several times a day to check out whats going on it's FUN, HELPFUL and INFORMATIVE. Long live the FORESTRY FORUM. I own a TimberKing B-20 am a relative newbie compared to many others and have always been welcomed. Jumpin ask questions and contribute your knowledge thats how we learn. The WM is a great machine I never ran one but they must be good if they are FF Five Star Rated. Look at the list of sponsors (support them when you can) and you will see the Cream of the Crop. I'm not familiar with the Wood Doctor but it must fit your needs. Now make some sawdust, money and enjoy your machine. 
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Brad_S.

OK, I'll stand up and take my beating like a man. :-[

I'm the one who got Coon all riled up. smiley_furious3

I personally don't think my post was nearly as bad as is being presented here, but you can decide for yourself.
http://www.woodweb.com/cgi-bin/forums/sawdry.pl?read=396662
BTW, the thread has been edited by WW admins.

Coon expressed his opinion, I expressed mine. I think there are other brands - many of whom are represented to the left here - that are better suited to different sawyers. If you express your opinion, why be surprised and upset when others present theirs? ::)

Don't take this as a slam, Coon, after all, anyone with a first name like yours can't be bad. ;) Just remember that as happy and proud as you are to be a WM owner, others are just as happy and proud of their brand, and you need to expect some flak if your going to put it out there. It's kind of like rooting for your favorite ball team.

I'm sorry if I chased you off WW. I think you'll find many of the people here also visit over there, even though some won't admit it. ;) :D

Alright then, let the flogging begin. smiley_whip

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Tom

flog  flog flog flog flog flog   :D :D

Ianab

And the floggings will continue until morale improves !  :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Coon

I did not mean to be so annoyed with your answer to my post over at WW but, maybe it was just in the way that I worded my sentences. It is just that alot of the attitude over there seems to be that people are so stuck up.  Every thing seems to be so serious too.

I have been having a VERY HUGE STRESS LOAD for over a month now and it still continues.  Life for me ain't all peaches and cream so to say but that's a whole other story.  I found and started coming on the Forestry Forum and Woodweb sites to help relieve alot of the stress load and it does help somewhat.  Life just has to go on.

Live each day as it comes.  Live today to the fullest, remember yesterday, and look forward to tomorrow.

etat

Welcome to the forum.  I really like yer username.

I do have one little bitty question for ya coon that sorta needs answered.

Do ya like grits!!!!!!!! :

8) 8) 8))
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Brad_S.

I agree that WW can be pretty sterile. That's why alot of people here go over there for a few minutes and then come back here to hang out for a while. (My wife thinks I'm having an on-line affair, I'm on this DanG machine so much. :D)

I know how stressful it is to keep one sawmill running and occupied, you've got two now! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Edit:
Charles, don't put anymore pressure on the poor guy. He lives WELL north of the grits line, but I'm thinking he may feel that if he tells the truth about his grits opinion, he may be at risk of being shunned on this forum. ;D
I know I feel that way. ;) :D
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

UNCLEBUCK

I went to the woodweb over 2 years ago because my sawmill was gettin the better of me and a man responded to my sawmill question and told me to go to the FORESTRY FORUM so I clicked them off and clicked over to here and been faithful since the day I joined . Always trying to share info with my buds ! My pig cooking,pig eatin pals !  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Coon

Ck,  I don't really know if I like grits? You?

Do you like Canadian Prairie Oysters????

etat

:D :D :D

I have NO idea what a Canadian Prairie Oysters is. ;D

Afraid to ask too!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

fstedy

8) 8) 8) Hang in there Coon them dogs will get tired and you can come down out of the tree.  8) 8) 8) 
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

crtreedude

I think ForestryForum will ruin you for most groups - you all should be ashamed. :-\ The people are so nice here and the information is so good that it makes all the other groups bad by comparison! :D  And I own two forums and moderate another! :o

I am not sure exactly how you do it guys, but my hat is off to you.

One thing to realize Coon, it is really hard to convey a wink in the eye or teasing when typing, if you don't use the emoticons.  A lot of oldtimers on lists assume everyone knows their personality and so will just pop off not realizing that the newbie probably isn't going to take it the right way.

I personally try to write my stuff so that no one will misunderstand - and read others stuff in the best light possible. Seems to help me from getting upset. Of course, people still do misunderstand at times, which means I ain't as good a writer as I think I am.  :D

Canadian Prairie Oysters = Mountain Oysters = the by-products of turning bulls into steers.

See, aren't we a helpful group?!  :D

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Haytrader

My bet is they are nearly like our "mountain oysters".

Oops, got beat to the punch.
Haytrader

crtreedude

Now you got me wondering what they are called here....

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Don't know about CR, but in Spain their called criadilla!
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Patty

Speaking of oysters.... ::)    When Norm and I were first dating, his mom was talking about a Rocky Mountain Oyster fest that was coming up.  Well I had just returned from 6 weeks of camping up in the Rockies and had not seen even one oyster. So I mentioned this little tidbit of knowledge to impress the parents, you know.  ::)   They have never let me forget about that.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

MemphisLogger

I grew up eatin' Rocky Mountain Oysters in landlocked Prescott, AZ.

Imagine my surprise the first time I ordered "oysters" at a restaurant in North Carolina . . .

"DanG," says I, "I never new yer bulls had armored casing for their jewels."  :D ;D 
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Coon

Ahhhhh.   That must be the answer as to why you can hear a big "CLANG CLANG" everytime they are walking around.

Woodcarver

I've never had an opportunity to try Rocky Mountain Oysters (or Canadian Prairie Oysters, if you prefer) but they must be better than grits.  I wonder if they have the same medicinal effect as the salt water variety.  8) 8)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Jason_WI

:-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

All oysters are bad..................... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Furby

sigidi

Oysters!!!!! YUCK!!!!

anyways Coon I started on WW and stayed there for about 2-3 months after I found FF.

Stopped going there - no ill feelings toward me (some folkes have been blasted for not being "pros") but I just found I learnt more stuff, had more fun and fitted in better around here, besides as it is I too am under suspicion of on-line infidelities ;) as I spend way too much time here now - I have to limit myself to one 60min block per day (mmm I should upgrade to  cable to maximise my 60min???)

Don't feel bad mate you are in the right place now - any fella will tell ya it doesn't matter how long it takes or how many people you DIDN'T ask, as long as you get there :D ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

asy

Oooookay...

I'll bite   (NOT literally)...

Do any of you SERIOUSLY eat said 'oysters'??   ???

I need documentary proof. Coz ya gotta know I don't believe it.  smiley_dizzy

alls I can say is:    EEEEEEEEEK

asy  :o
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Cedarman

They are a fine delicacy. Roll in light batter with some salt and pepper, fry until lightly brown and eat up.  This is good for both pignuts and ocean variety. 

I grew up on a pig farm and the cats and dogs lived for castration days. I never ate any at that time. 
When I was in my late 20's I bought a farm and we raised some hogs. A good older friend of mine convinced me to save these delightful morsels and he would fix them for himself, me and another friend of mine who is squeamish about food. We agreed to try just one.  He had to wait until his wife was gone for the day on a trip.

He fixed dinner and fried up some of these oysters.  We sat down and the cook dug in and talked about how good they were. I tried one and away I went right back to the bowl. The squeamish friend ate one, and away he went back to the bowl.  Those babies were good.  We ate them all and could have eaten more.

From then on our cats and dogs ate dogfood and we had to wait until the cooks wife was out of town.

crtreedude

Nope, I haven't ever eaten those things, but to quote one of my favorite authors,

"I had a sensibility once, twert nothing but trouble."

(Patrick McManus)

At my size I figure I can be too picky about food - it takes a lot to fuel this carcass. Generally it is thought in my family that I have no taste buds.

Fred

Quartlow

Quote from: Coon on March 29, 2005, 12:05:25 AM
Ck,  I don't really know if I like grits? You?

Do you like Canadian Prairie Oysters????

Well see theres two kinds of grits, theres grits that s ground up corn wich i think is really bird food and then theres grits!!  :D :D
Girls
Raised
In
The
South

Guess which one I like  :D :D :D :D :D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

asy

sorry... but...  Eeeeeeeewww...   :o

Memo to self: IF I ever get to a piggy roast, if'n it's OK with you lot, I'll carve my own meat off the piggy, so as I can see where on the piggy it comes from...    :-\

Oh, And, you can all stop laughing about me now too... :D

asy :D

pigman

Quartlow,
I guess grits.
Cedarman, I don't know how old those pigs were when you made barrows out of the boars, but when I was raising pigs, I did the castration thing when they were only a week old. At that age the pig fries were not very large. :o Friends would sometimes want me to save the fries for them until they saw how small the seeds were. :( But I guess a 100 or so would make a meal. My dogs sure liked castration day. 8) If I had a helper to hand me the pigs I could do about 4 pigs a minute. After several thousand I got fairly proficient at it.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Cedarman

Pigman,This was in the good old days when we raised pasture hogs. Sows farrowed in small hog houses.  Pigs had the run of the fields. We got good at snaring the rear leg of pigs while they were eating and getting them through the gate before the 4 foot wide sows mouth got to us.  This was before confinement buildings.  There would always be a few that got up to 70 to 80 pounds before their time was up being male.

MemphisLogger

Asy,

Ain't nuthin' better than a heapin' steamin' pile of Rocky Mountain Oysters on a bed of salt and buttered grits--hmmm, hmm, good!  ;) ;D 8)

Doc

Quote from: UrbanLogger on March 30, 2005, 10:11:36 AM
Asy,

Ain't nuthin' better than a heapin' steamin' pile of Rocky Mountain Oysters on a bed of salt and buttered grits--hmmm, hmm, good!  ;) ;D 8)

Well, I am glad you like'em. I ate'em once, and won't do it again. I just can't stomach the idea. makes my oysters hurt thinking about waht I am eating......

Doc

tnlogger

nope not me  :D i have had rattle snake before and it was ok but no didn't taste like chicken
gene

Doc

Quote from: tnlogger on March 30, 2005, 04:38:23 PM
nope not me  :D i have had rattle snake before and it was ok but no didn't taste like chicken

I have had rattler too, and woudl eat that again. Stinks like mad while cooking, but is sure did taste good.

I leave them oysters alone....both the saltwater variety and the hanging kind.

Doc

Coon

Haven't ate rattlesnake yet!!! Don't know if I ever will.  I hate snakes.

Have any of you people eaten bear, skunk, or beaver (the four legged kind) :D ;D :)

leweee

Eh!!!! Easy on the beaver thing ......your maken my avatar twitch ;D
If you live & hunt in Canada you get around to trien them all at least once ;) :)

Ps. that reminds me of a"loggers roadkill BBQ" story.....Ah Later 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

tnlogger

well now i've et bear, possium, even ground hog but nooooooooo skunk :o :o
gene

Faron

A vet friend took a heaping bowl of the rocky mountain variety to a church supper.  He neglected to mention just what the morsels were until the bowl was empty. :D :D Seems a few folks were not highly pleased when they found out.  I wouldn't think it would matter WHAT they were if you liked them before you knew!   ;D ;D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

asy

Quote from: UrbanLogger on March 30, 2005, 10:11:36 AM
Asy,

I hereby rescind my offer to eat 'grits' at the Piggy roast (whichever year we actually get there)...

Unless someone can absolutely GUARANTEE me there aren't any interlopers in the grits.

Ernie

You can't beat lambs tails on the fire at docking time, the wool burns off, run your hand down to skin and pig out.

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

asy

Quote from: UrbanLogger on March 29, 2005, 09:15:26 AM
I grew up eatin' Rocky Mountain Oysters in landlocked Prescott, AZ.

Imagine my surprise the first time I ordered "oysters" at a restaurant in North Carolina . . .

"DanG," says I, "I never new yer bulls had armored casing for their jewels."  :D ;D 

Imagine this scenario...

Scene: Prescot, AZ..  Local Restaurant...

Cast:    Billy (Apprentice Chef)
             Bob (Head Chef)
             Sally (Waitress)
             Sherriff Jones

Friday night:

Billy and Bob are sittin' around the cheffin' table out the back havin' a coffee and chewin' the fat.

Bob: "Well, ya see Billy, The restaurant IS my life... "

Billy: "You are really dedicated, Bob, I can see that..."

Bob: "Yeah, I love it, love the people, and love the work, ya've gots ta give it yer aaaaaall..."

Billy: "Yeah, I noticed, not one of the chef's I've worked for has had any children, they's all been real dedicated"

Bob: "One day you too will get the calling...   and you'll understand..."

............ conversation wanes...

Some weeks later...

Sally:  "Bob, Two more orders of yer famous Rocky Mountain Oysters"

Bob: "Oooh, OK then Sally, Gee they's sellin real well today"

Sally: "Well, Bob, they sure are a mighty fine meal, the word's done got out"

Bob: "OK..  Two more comin' right up"

Billy: " I'll get em started, Them Grits side dish are nearly done..."

Bob (an aside to sally) :" Gee Sal, we's only got 4 oysters left, and there's three to a serve..."

Sally (an aside to Bob): "Well, Bob, you'll have to do SOMETHING, these are for the Sherriff".

Bob (to Billy): "Billy, yer time's come, it's time now to decide on yer callin. Are ya sure ya wanna be a chef, do you love it enough to give it yer ALL?"

Billy (thinking there's a promotion): Yessirree Bob, I love it, it's alls I ever wanted...

Bob (leading billy away, with his arm around his shoulder): Well, Billy, ya see...

Curtain falls.......... Curtain rises again on Sally servin up the sherrif in the restaurant...

Sally: "Well, sir, here's yer Oysters, Just as Fresh as Fresh can be.....

Sherrif: "Hey, how come's there's one big'un and two little'un's???

..................................................................................................................................................

Nope, not me, you can keepem!

tnlogger

:D :D :D :D :D :D asy you have way too much time on yer hands

gene

Thank You Sponsors!