iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

you should all be ashamed of me.... ban me from the forum!

Started by jjmk98k, March 30, 2005, 07:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Today, when I should have worked a full day defending america...........

I am so ashamed..... :-[

This morning, while walking from my shop to a hangar to do some work... I realized that the weather was nice........ too nice.... so I decided....... :o

I took the afternoon off and spent it with my step son cutting wood, teaching him how to run a saw, use a sledge and wedge and just spend the day having fun. He enjoys all the work, but hates the stacking of wood, he says it "sucks"

Afterwards he was rewarded with a slice of cheesecake and glass of milk, i was rewarded with a nice day spent with him..... something we get too little of at times.

dinner time came and when he went to get up from the table, he was complaing of a blister on his hand and back was sore... His mom and I just laughed...

DANG city kids  :D

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Jeff

Really? I have been looking for a good test of our updated security system smiley_bounce  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jjmk98k

Jeff, what you gonna charge me with?

being a slacker?
8)

Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Jeff

Well, actually since you asked to be banned, I would have to charge you with simple idiocy.

Sorry, you asked. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jjmk98k

Jim

Part_Timer

The only reason anyone would ban you was if you took the afternoon off and had an opportunity to take the kids and didn't .  Now that would be a crime.   ;D  Otherwise your just plain lucky to have a son who like to spend time with you in the woods.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Pete J

tnlogger

gene

Tom

A day like you spent today is the reason that America gets protected. :)

Coon

Yup it is.  Same for us Canadians on here.    Just wish that I could take my kids out like that........ oh well someday hopefully.

Glad to hear that you atleast spend time with him.  He needs to learn, so do you, so do I.  WE ALL NEED TO LEARN.  That's what life is all about.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Frank_Pender

I feel that the number one thing you did was to place a foundation for the continuation of building memeories.  Well done jj.  Secondly was the foundation for developing good clean work ethics.  He says that stacking wood "sucks" today, but tomorrow he will brag about the blisters and the slivers, ;D
Frank Pender

Texas Ranger

jjmk98k

You got to be real careful of what you ask for, even in jest.  The Boss, he has a real talent for mischief.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

asy

Good onya!

I bet your son will appreciate and remember that forever.

How old is he, by the way???

I must say, this post reminded me of a post on another forum, one of our forum-friends posted to say that she'd lost her husband in awful tragic circumstances the weekends before last.

He'd been re-tiling a bathroom and came up with a sore back, he took a voltaren tablet, as was suggested by the pharmacist, and within 15 minutes he was dead. Aparrently they can cause such quick and viscious allergic reactions that there's almost nothing that can be done if the person isn't given adrenaline within 5 minutes of having taken them.

In any case, her warning was: Live for TODAY, coz tomorrow may not be there.

Now, I'm not suggesting that's the case with your son, but, you should Live for today, coz tomorrow he'll be all grown up.

I must say, I am really moved by her loss. I didn't know him at all, have spoken to her a number of times on our online chat, but she's really made me think.

Make sure you do it again soon.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

fstedy

Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

sigidi

JJ I'm just jealous you managed to get your step-son to do anything :(

Mine is 11 an I'm about tearing my hair out trying to get him to do paid jobs around home!!! ::)

Just don't know what to do some days...
Always willing to help - Allan

jjmk98k

Asy, he's 15, and I have been in his life since he was about 10, he's my step-son, but i treat him as if he were my own.

Sigidi, It's tough being a stepfather, I know it. But what I found worked for me, was plain old bribery.

When i asked him to do something and he did it well, I'd make him macaroni and cheese, his favorite.

When he did something bad or just hurried through a job just to get it done, i slapped on some spinach or beans on his plate...   Amazing fast learner when he's forced to eat food he does not like.....

I'll take him outside, sit on the back porch with him and just talk to him, try to make him understand life a little better and that everything does not revolve around him, but us as a family.

He is a good kid and very caring.... I remember one time when i was real sick and laying in bed, every 30 minutes he would come into the room and ask if i needed more tea or cookies or anything.....

He is lucky in that his dad loves him very much and treats him well, teaches him all the sports stuff...... then he has me, teaching him the country things in life.... all in all I hope that he'll turn out to be one well rounded kid.

I must be a positive influence in his life, he was to follow my footsteps and join the Air Force and be like me....

So sigidi, hang in there, take the time and spend the time talking, i find thats the best way to break through..... and a little bribery doent hurt either.. ;D
Jim

twoodward15

Are you AGR, active, or a technician?  Isn't AL great!!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

jjmk98k

I am a air tech,  did my 4 years active, then slid right on over to the guard and got a full time slot, been here just under 8 years now.

Jim

Thank You Sponsors!