iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Out like a lamb

Started by Fraxinus, March 31, 2005, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraxinus

Man, I love this time of year.  Something new and different every day.  The big willow over across the way from my orifice winder is showing signs of yellow on the way to green. 8) 8) 8)
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

jjmk98k

yep, I love winter, but yesterday was so nice and warn, the lawn is showing signs of growth and a little bit greener.......

Yep, I am ready for spring and 70 degree days, but no warmer than that!
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Fraxinus

Well, if it's a local phone call to "that place", then it must get quite a bit warmer than 70!   :D :D
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

redpowerd

sucker brook is openin up!

got a few snow geese and a mink yesterday
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

tnlogger

had to mow the lawn yesterday all thats left is blackberry winter so spring has spung  :)
gene

Rockn H

Went to Dallas yesterday.  I 20 around Shreveport had a definite yellow fog.  The pollen is here and so is spring. 8)

Timber_Framer

I still got a five foot tall pile of snow at the end of my driveway :-\
The good part is yesterday it was eight feet tall ;D
And with one good rain the steelhead should start runnin ;D ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

MULE_MAN

Here in Central Missouri we had some nice 30 to 40 mph winds yesterday  ::)
But today it's pretty calm & is suppose to get in the 70.. Now I'm waiting on
the mushrooms to start coming up & the crappie to start  bitting.   ;D
Then it will really be spring   ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Bibbyman

Yesterday seen a copper head in the blacktop road and a good size snapper trying to cross in another location.

WINDY!  I'd say!  Had a log chain hooked to the top of the corner post.  By noon the wind had it flying straight out.  By 4:00pm,  it was wipin' the chain so hard it was snappin' the links off the end!   ::)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

old3dogg

While out on the road today I saw a pretty little thing getting her mail wearing some short shorts and a tank top ;D
Yep! Its spring time 8) 8) 8)

SwampDonkey

It was 70 here in the sun, but 50 in the shade. I could see the snow slumping like the wicked witch of Oz.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Haytrader

Bib, you are as windy as it was here today.

;D

And to think........Mary has to put up with you all the time.

;)
Haytrader

Engineer

Don't mention no stinkin' GREEN around me!   >:(  Next thing you know, them dang honeysuckle bushes will be right full of little green leaves and I won't be able to see nothin' in the woods for them bushes.   I love doing survey work this time of the year 'cause there ain't no bugs and the honeysuckle ain't out yet, but the minute that happens, BANG, another long wait until November.

Time to sharpen the loppers and gas up the chainsaw.

DanG

Like a lamb, my foot!  We had high winds, and 3 inches of rain this afternoon. 10 miles north had hail, and 30 miles northeast had a tornado. Supposed to kick off the "April showers" in fine fashion tomorrow.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

In close order, here, we had Thunderheads, lightening, high winds, mist, rain, deluge, hail and then the sun went down.   

I've stayed in the house today. :D

Furby

Well it came in like a lion here and is going out the same way!
AWESOME lighting storm last night with some good heavy wind and rain.
Today was just cold and rainy.

etat

But them honeysuckles sure do make the air smell good! :)

My experience is that vines and briars the like will jerk the chain off the bar of a chainsaw in a minute if you ain't real careful. 

I know lots if not most of yall know way more than I do when it comes to cutting but I got something I thinks worth mentioning.When  cutting a tree to make sure before doing so to clean all the vines out away from it first and make sure to have (or at least I always did when I was cutting) at least two clear   escape paths so I could move quick and freely in the event something might go wrong.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fraxinus

There's nothing my tree crews hate worse than having to deal with vines in the trees they're working on.  Even if you do manage to get things down safely, the chipper doesn't like them at all. >:( >:(

Fla._Deadheader

Ain't it strange. We work about 1 good hours drive from Tom.  Thats about the distance of the Latitude change, and we left the camp yesterday at 1PM with all the Dodge wanted loaded in the back. Weather was gawgeous dahlin.

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

We get that here alot too Fla. I remember one summer the guys thinning trees up north worked in a rainy summer and it was hot and dry down here. We'de go more than 2 weeks at a time with not rain, then it would just shower.  ::) They said last year was wet and cool and I'm wondering where they were. It was beautiful here. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

southview

Friday morning went outside after our first spring rain.  I wish a person could bottle that fresh smell.  I'm ready for spring. :)

LIL

If you didnt know it was AUTUMN here - you would swear it felt like spring today! Nice and warm and a small shower of rain.  Mind you those leaves turning red and orange kinda give it away! - An awesome sight to behold no less.
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

Thank You Sponsors!