iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trouble in paradise

Started by Texas Ranger, June 26, 2006, 05:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Have been having some late evening visitors to the shop, so I hired a guard frog.  Hangs out in the front and keeps an eye on the place.  Croaks when it starts to rain, and splashes when a stranger comes up.  I know, not real effective, but he is cheap, and easy to feed, I don't

I gues the second part of the post is, any of you yankee's know what the frog pond is?
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Gary_C

No, but I do know the difference between a frog and a duck.   :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

IL Bull

Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

dundee

Where's the frog---I wanna see the frog !!!

Texas Ranger

It's that lump on the lower left lip of the pond.  A leopard frog.  The ducks are there, well, because.

beenthere

Quoteany of you yankee's know what the frog pond is?
Yup, it is near full o'water :D

Thanks for identifying the frog. Had me wonderin if 'croak' was 'quack' in Texas.

That looks like a WWI army helmet upside down, TX size.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

red

Paradiase is safe

Frog Guard on Duty

Ducks for a Decoy
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Onthesauk

Hubcap off a pretty good sized ......................., something?
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

Texas Ranger

Quote from: red on June 26, 2006, 06:26:18 PM
Paradiase is safe

Frog Guard on Duty

Ducks for a Decoy

I like it, ya out did me on my own play.

Timburr

QuoteCroaks when it starts to rain

........poor fella!! :D

I aint no yankee, but is it "soup of the day"?
Sense is not common

Paschale

Is it a pot for making molasses in?   ???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

DanG

I ain't authorized to guess, cause I ain't a Yankee.  Besides, I know perzackly what it is and I got a perfect place to set it.  Got all the other stuff to go with it, too. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

I know perzactly what it is too, and I want one.   Molasses!! Yech!

Texas Ranger

give a little hint, holds a 100 of sumpten or other.

Woodwalker

I found a frog out by the barn the other day. Little fella was all shriveled up from the drought going on round here for some time now. Anyway, I picked up the poor thing and dropped him in the water trough so he could have him a swim. Now what I hadn't figured on was that it ain't rained in so long, this full growed frog drowned cause he didn't know how to swim!
Yep, I know what your frog pond is, and like DanG, I have some parts also.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

sawguy21

Now how did the lid off my DanG barbeque end up in Texas? I wondered what had happened to it. :D :D :D Toto, we are definately not in Kansas anymore.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

Woodwalker, I know what ya mean.  I been putting ice in the frog pond to keep the frog, and his/her youngens, from cookin, and the ducks from meltin.

Mike_Barcaskey

that's one itty, bitty frog for someone from BIG Texas 
figured a Texas gaurd frog would be the size of a Doberman  :D
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Texas Ranger

That may be one of the babies, but ya otta see the teeth on them suckers! 8)

Coon

I suppose those frogs also have jaws just like a conibear trap also.... :D :D :D :D

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

I haven't seen a leopard frog in years. I think with all the farm sprays we killed most of'em off, but not intensionally.  :'(

We have a few woodland frogs though. This spring was good for frogs because of the rain and warmth, but I didn't here them much.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Texas Ranger

Ta give ya an idea, think of the movie "The Mask" when the dog puts the mask on.  Outrageous.

joelmar10

Inverted doughboy helmet from a large WW1 memorial?
I used to think I could fix DanG near anything...now I know I can...or I think I can...or maybe I can?

sandman2234

I also don't fall under the Yankee nametag, but know what it is. Last one I saw in use had a homemade automatic ------ on it  and saved a bunch of work!
       David from jax (North Florida)

thecfarm

I'm a yankee,don't eat no grits,have no idea what it is.I only posted so I could find out what it is.  ;) Any more hints?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!