iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clean Up

Started by Jeff, September 20, 2018, 08:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

Beautiful country and a nice cabin!  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Jeff

The cabin is one of the few places where I can go and see lumber I sawed out at the big mill. We started building it in 1994, hauling a pickup load of materials up at a time. The cabin and land belong to my Sister, but I have my own room and the cabin has my heart.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

A great place to be. Great pictures, it is a very diverse landscape. Too bad about the blow down areas, but there will be new soil and new trees in time. Thanks for sharing the experience.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Really pretty up there. Is this an island, or a ship?

If it's an island, ever been to it? I used to live by the water, and had a coleman canoe I'd take out. There was an island about five miles downstream, but I was never able to get to it. It has an abandoned house ruins, and I believe a lighthouse on it, but they've been long disused. I moved away, and my boat got stolen. The replacement was a slug in the water, so I've never revisited. Power boaters go there a lot, so it's probably trashed, but it's still something I'd like to do.

thecfarm

I see what you mean about that picture. Looks like a coyote at first. Maybe food for the coyotes. A deer.
Nice videos and pictures.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

It is an island, there are dozens and dozens, probably hundreds of islands In northern lake Huron and on up into the St. Mary's River.

WDH

I'll take the fried whitefish and french fries ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

Whitefish is quite good.  When I was a wee young 'en a few of us went ice fishing and caught a bunch of white fish, cooked em up and noticed they seemed to have quite a few more bones than ususal - turned out they were suckers - oops!!  Kept us alive is all I can say.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

I didnt eat any of that plate of fish and fries that night. The yooperman has an awesome soup and salad bar. Homemade soups that night was potato Pierogi and Vegetable Beef.  As usual, I filled up on the soup and salad. I brought a package of hamburger buns up with me and a dozen eggs as I always do.

The whitefish dinner is $17.95 there is enough fish there to make 8 fish sandwiches. Enough fries to use as fried potatoes with eggs for two breakfasts. So, I eat good for 3 or 4 days for around twenty bucks plus tip.

SwampDonkey

Yes, it sure is good fish up there and I think Jeff and I hit a couple other fish diners up that way a few years back. All great places for fish. One we stood in a line out the door. ;D :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!