iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hauling log prices

Started by timberjack97, May 28, 2012, 04:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack97

i was wondering a fair price to haul logs  45 miles its a good haul good roads our price of diesel is 3.99  a gallon now any replies was be apreciated

Autocar

I get ten cents a board foot for hauling  ;)
Bill

furltech

Good day to you ,i was just wondering if you are just getting started in the woods or have you been at it a while because the one good piece of advice i can give you is take a day or two and seek out the old fellows around and just spend some time listening to them and i am sure you will get answers to all your questions ,it is hard to help you out because every situation is different .with the numbers you were quoting earlier i would be out of business in a month . i do realize that it is apples and oranges with my being in nova scotia .I also must add that even though i have been doing this for what seems like forever some weeks .whenever i have had a question on gear or anything this is the first place i have asked for help and havent been steered wrong yet .

timberjack97

no  i ve been in business for 20 years  he wants 300 a load to haul 45 miles is that a fair rate to pay him?

NWP

1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

smwwoody

I get $60.00/ MBF international inside 30 miles.   that is to load and haul
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

mrpink

when I was driving a log truck a few years back, the truck got paid 13 cents per ton per mile wit a 40 mile min. fuel at the time was about $3.20 per gallon I believe.

so for your 45 mile haul at 25 tons per load that would be .13*25= 3.25 per mile *45= $146.25. $300 seems high to me

beenthere

timberjack97

Where are you located?

I've been trying to follow your questions, but am not getting very far understanding what you are after. Granted, I'm not cutting and hauling, but I might know more of the answers if I were in the business for 20 years. Don't mean that as an insult, but what's up?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

furltech

i would think you would just pay the rates you have been from the last twenty years ,should be an easy figure

Ford_man

I have been Hauling Peat, Potting soil, and other nursery items this spring. I haul 44000# in a van trailer. I get $325 min. some trips are only 25 miles but average about 60 miles. they load it and the customer unloads it,I don't have to tie it down , just close the doors and go.

Kemper

$300 seems like a lot to me. I wouldn't pay that per load, maybe a day if you can get multiple loads out.

Bobus2003

Different part of the country, but here its anywhere from $4-$9/ton to have a truck haul wood.. on average its $300 a load

Ed_K

I'm paying $250. for 25mi and $300.for over 50 and $0 for loads to canada
Ed K

lumberjack48

tj97 your paying 12 a ton now, call the mill an get their rates
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Corley5

$15.00 a cord up to 40 miles is the going rate around here.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

stavebuyer

Like most things in the wholesale wood business; logging and trucking rates are generally less than they need to be. A truck asking $300 for 45 miles around here wouldn't get much work..delivered pulpwood is in the low $20.00's...$12 a ton for hauling wouldn't leave much for stumpage and logging.

Thank You Sponsors!